PDA

View Full Version : The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring Oscar Results!

Úlairi
03-25-2002, 07:15 AM
Well here are the results for the 74th Annual Academy Awards i.e. the Oscars!!!

ACTOR -- LEADING
Denzel Washington
TRAINING DAY

ACTOR -- SUPPORTING
Jim Broadbent
IRIS

ACTRESS -- LEADING
Halle Berry
MONSTERS BALL

ACTRESS -- SUPPORTING
Jennifer Connelly
A BEAUTIFUL MIND

ANIMATED FEATURE FILM
SHREK
Aron Warner

ART DIRECTION
MOULIN ROUGE
Catherine Martin (Art Direction) and Brigitte Broch (Set Decoration)

CINEMATOGRAPHY
LORD OF THE RINGS
Andrew Lesnie

COSTUME DESIGN
MOULIN ROUGE
Catherine Martin and Angus Strathie

DIRECTING
A BEAUTIFUL MIND
Ron Howard

DOCUMENTARY FEATURE
MURDER ON A SUNDAY MORNING
Jean-Xavier de Lestrade
and Denis Poncet

DOCUMENTARY SHORT
THOTH
Sarah Kernochan and Lynn Appelle

FILM EDITING
BLACK HAWK DOWN
Pietro Scalia

FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM
NO MAN'S LAND
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Directed by Danis Tanovic

MAKEUP
LORD OF THE RINGS
Peter Owen and
Richard Taylor

MUSIC (SCORE)
LORD OF THE RINGS
Howard Shore

MUSIC (SONG)
MONSTERS, INC.
"If I Didn't Have You"
Music and Lyric by Randy Newman

BEST PICTURE
A BEAUTIFUL MIND
Brian Grazer and Ron Howard

SHORT FILM -- ANIMATED
FOR THE BIRDS
Ralph Eggleston

SHORT FILM -- LIVE ACTION
THE ACCOUNTANT
Ray McKinnon and Lisa Blount

SOUND
BLACK HAWK DOWN
Michael Minkler, Myron Nettinga and Chris Munro

SOUND EDITING
PEARL HARBOR
George Watters II and Christopher Boyes

VISUAL EFFECTS
THE LORD OF THE RINGS
Jim Rygiel, Randall William Cook, Richard Taylor and Mark Stetson

WRITING (ADAPTED)
A BEAUTIFUL MIND
Written by Akiva Goldsman

WRITING (ORIGINAL)
GOSFORD PARK
Written by Julian Fellowes

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring won four!!!

Best Cinematography
Best Original Score
Best Makeup
Best Visual Effects

In my opinion that is rather disappointing, I believe that it should have won Best Picture and Director. It topped the Oscars, beating A Beautiful Mind by one so that does make it the best film of the year, but with 13 nominations if could have been the greatest film of all time!!!

ssgrif
03-25-2002, 09:41 AM
I have to agree somewhat with Ulairi in that LOTR should have won Best Picture as it was, it grossed huge volumes of cash at the box office, is still being played at cinemas across the globe 3-4 months after its release!

Best director, I dont know, I think that LOTR and PJ winning Best Cinematography is a good compromise, lets see if he does well next year!

Niniel
03-25-2002, 12:13 PM
I was really surprised Ian McKellen didn't win for best supporting actor, I really expected him to win. I would have liked to see LOTR win best picture, but I think the academy wanted to wait to see what the sequels to FOTR are like, before they start giving out the really important Oscars for LOTR. So, we'll see next year!

Lucie Baggins
03-25-2002, 12:37 PM
It should of won best picture definatly.

DGoeij
03-25-2002, 12:44 PM
Hurray for No Man's land! I still have to see it, and maybe nowit will have a chance in the cinema's.

I do not care to much about Oscars, but Ian McKellen should have got one.
I do have another problem here: What is Cinematography and Original Score exactly? Make-up and Visual effects I understand, but what do those two others mean?

Niniel
03-25-2002, 01:08 PM
Original score is the music for the film (which they won completely deserved!). Cinematography I don't know for sure, I always get the idea that the more beautiful landscapes you put in, the more chance you have of winning, but I suppose there's more to it than that.

DGoeij
03-25-2002, 01:16 PM
So I guess Music Score is the 'overall' music in the film and Music Song is for the title-song only?

Diabless
03-25-2002, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by DGoeij
Hurray for No Man's land! I still have to see it, and maybe nowit will have a chance in the cinema's.

I do not care to much about Oscars, but Ian McKellen should have got one.
I do have another problem here: What is Cinematography and Original Score exactly? Make-up and Visual effects I understand, but what do those two others mean?

I think Cinematagraphy is the way it looks. The camera angles, color schemes, and lighting all figure into that I think.

DGoeij
03-25-2002, 01:38 PM
In that case it got the Oscars it deserved, IMHO. Thanks for letting me know people.:)

gimli_alvevenn
03-25-2002, 02:11 PM
For all yoy people who think FOTR should have got more Oscars, remember that there is another coming around the corner, in 8-9 months, som we have more to look forward to!

baraka
03-25-2002, 02:15 PM
I believe that it should have won Best Picture and Director.
Wrong. Best Picture, Hmmmmm. Best director "definitely, absolutely" not because of all the "liberties" he took in making the movie. It would have been a shame to reward someone who "cut" certain parts of the book by giving him an oscar.
Cool.:)

markrob
03-25-2002, 02:36 PM
I for one am happy that LOTR got what it did. I think that overall it faired pretty well against the establishment. They hardly ever give fantasy/action films their due. The biggest disappointment was Ian's loss for best supporting actor but a nomination is a huge compliment. I think we will see TTT receive some bigger awards next year if it is as good as FOTR was. Last night's showing definetly got this film even more publicity and a potential additional fan base. More fans = more readers and that opens the door for even more people to enter JRRT's kick ass world of Middle Earth! LONG LIVE FRODO!

LotR_Girl
03-25-2002, 02:42 PM
I agree, hurray for No Man's Land! Hope I'll see it soon...At least I won't have to bother myself with reading coz I UNDERSTAND IT hehheee

LotR SHOULD win best direstor & best picture!Really!OK, Enya's song sux, I hate it, but what I can do? Owow, and who saw Frodo & Sam before awards? They were jumping and waving! Yay! And Tom Cruise was there, too [not with them]!!! Arrrrrrrgh whata great night!!! I almost fell asleep coz it was 2Am-7AM here!LOLlypop

~Intelligent Nazgul

Camille
03-25-2002, 02:45 PM
The only that disapointed me is that Ian Mckellen did not win for Supporting actor! I think that he deserves it, he was so Gandalf in that movie, but that is.. I was hping that they did not win for writng, PJ wining Best director or best picture it was hard to believe, first for best director I would not like for the same reason that Baraka said, and best picture, come on we are talkien about the Academy Award!!! Do you know about some fantastic epic adventure that has ever won for best picture? Oscars do not like fantasy, they like the fact of real life as far as I know and LOTR did not have a chance with a Beatiful Mind on the road too.

Kelkorian
03-25-2002, 02:46 PM
What I don't understand is how in all hell did Moulin Rouge take best costumes and best art direction? Those were in LotR pocket! I mean, art direction, *ok*, fine, I can forgive them because of all the dancing and stuff although IMO LotR had a much more complex art direction.

But costume design? Those costumes of "working ladies" were better than 25,000+ costumes designed for LotR? Plus, if you go to the official LotR site, they have a documentary about the Ring Wariths and those actors wear 50 meters of fabric each! And like 20 layers or something! HOW??

Also got pretty angry with that dude from Iris who took Sir McKellan's Oscar.

Best picture also should've gone to LotR.

My_Precious
03-25-2002, 03:52 PM
:mad:
I'm dissapointed that "LoTR" didn't win the best picture, and Ian McK. didn't win best supporting actor. I also thought that Enya would win the best song until I heard her sing on stage... I'm rather glad that PJ didn't win the best director one. Overall, I'm happy with Denzel Washington and Hally Berry winning the best actor/actress. Crowe and Kidman had rather bitter expressions....:)
P.S. We'll be back with "TTT" and "RoTK".. Muahahahaha!!!!!!:rolleyes:

Aredhel
03-25-2002, 06:59 PM
I agree with all of you!!!! It should have won Best Picture, Best Director, and everything else. I didn't get to watch the Oscars, but I am disappointed that the Lord of the Rings didn't win. I read somewhere that it was on of six movies in Oscar history that got 13 nominations. Only two before it got 14. The Titanic and something else.

chrysophalax
03-25-2002, 07:47 PM
I was really angered by Ron Howard's comment that A Beautiful Mind "was after all an acting movie". Now if that doesn't smack of elitism and the assumption that a movie that contains quite bit of special
effects therefore means that the actors are relying more heavily on
the effects and not their own individual performances,I don't know
what does!
Fellowship contained in my opinion, quite a few excellent performances and even had PJ toned down the FX (which only enhanced their abilities,NOT over-shadowed them). I think it would have stood
a very good chance. That remark just seemed to be part of the on-going
prejudice against sci-fi and fantasy in particular as supposedly not
containing the quality "worthy of nomination".

baraka
03-25-2002, 07:53 PM
I agree with all of you!!!! It should have won Best Picture, Best Director, and everything else.
Wrong , it should definitely NOT have won Best Director. With all the "liberties" he took, it would have been wrong to award him with a Best Director trophy.

But I think that the movie was great.

PRH
03-25-2002, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by baraka
Wrong , it should definitely NOT have won Best Director. With all the "liberties" he took, it would have been wrong to award him with a Best Director trophy.To think that he might have been denied Best Director by the Academy because of liberities he took with the book is completely illogical. I thought we had your logic straightened out?

Gary Gamgee
03-25-2002, 09:59 PM

Wrong , it should definitely NOT have won Best Director. With all the "liberties" he took, it would have been wrong to award him with a Best Director trophy.

the man spent years on the film of course he should have won best director, as he did in this country, making a film is different to writing a book he had to make changes. So since you insist that everyone else is wrong, then i have to say that i'm right and you are so wrong.

baraka
03-25-2002, 11:56 PM
To think that he might have been denied Best Director by the Academy because of liberities he took with the book is completely illogical.
Why is it illogical? What if the people who "vote" for the Oscars were tolkien fans annoyed with the "liberties". (At least some of them). That could be a possibility (remote one) and therefore the premise that "because of the liberties he didn't win an oscar" is not illogical. The term would be improbable.

the man spent years on the film of course he should have won best director, as he did in this country,
Because he spent years on the film he sould have won an oscar, Why? Time spent in a project doesn't translate to quality of the project. I thought the movie was great, but the director didn't deservean "Oscar". It appears I'm not alone in that position.

So since you insist that everyone else is wrong, then i have to say that i'm right and you are so wrong.
Where have i said that everyone else is wrong? Find that quote if you will. That was my personal opinion.

making a film is different to writing a book he had to make changes.
Of course he had to make changes, but did he have to alter some characters that do not go into the spirit of the "book". (Ex: Arwen, elven princess by day, warrion enchantress by night.). Other changes: The name of Bilbo's Book, the omision of Tom. (How about my friend Lindir) :(

mandy_pal
03-26-2002, 01:05 AM
I am so dissapointed that lotr did not get Best Director and Best Picture. I thought it would at least get 8 awards...if not more...guess i was wrong. As for peter jackson not deserving an oscar...hmph. Peter Jackson spent seven years on the trilogy and as we have all seen the fotr is now one of the best if not THE best movie of all time. I know people have different opinions so i will not say any more...but to clear up one more thing...has anyone seen Arwen fight? Has she done anything other than ride a horse and wave a sword? Has she joined the fellowship of the ring and has she gone with them to slay some orcs...NO! therefore i do not think she's a warrior princess, as some of you kept on insisting.

All in all, well done to Halle Berry and Denzel Washington! Tough luck for peter jackson and fran walsh...maybe they'll get something next year...let's all cross our fingers!

PRH
03-26-2002, 01:11 AM
Why is it illogical? What if the people who "vote" for the Oscars were tolkien fans annoyed with the "liberties". (At least some of them). That could be a possibility (remote one) and therefore the premise that "because of the liberties he didn't win an oscar" is not illogical. The term would be improbable.
The term is illogical. I grant you that your scenario is possible but I guarantee you that it is not the case. Even though this was a completely improbable scenario you put it forth as the reason PJ didn't get Best Director. That is illogical.

baraka
03-26-2002, 02:18 AM
Let's see a definition of logical.
logical

adj 1: capable of or reflecting the capability for correct and valid reasoning.
Source: WordNet ® 1.6, © 1997 Princeton University
probable:

adj 1: Likely but uncertain; plausible.
Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition

I grant you that your scenario is possible
By your own admission, my premise is improbable. My reasoning although "biased" is still logical because is a "valid reasoning" which is highly unlikely.

but I guarantee you that it is not the case.
How do you know that, were you a member of the Academy and knew all the voters? How can you be certain of it? Did someone told you?
guarantee n.
1. Something that assures a particular outcome or condition.
Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Where is your guarantee?

you put it forth as the reason PJ didn't get Best Director.
What I said was:

With all the "liberties" he took, it would have been wrong to award him with a Best Director trophy.
In my quote, where do I put it forth as the reason PJ didn't get Best Director. I didn't write that. That is my personal opinion.

PRH
03-26-2002, 05:12 AM
By your own admission, my premise is improbable. My reasoning although "biased" is still logical because is a "valid reasoning" which is highly unlikely.I don't think you know what you mean. That statement is indecipherable. I'll say this though - regardless of what your definition says, uncertainty (which you changed to 'unlikely') is not a requirement for illogic, as you seem to be implying. A premise is considered logical if it's not necessarily proven but it is likely. Your's was neither.

How do you know that, were you a member of the Academy and knew all the voters? How can you be certain of it? Did someone told you?
guarantee n.
1. Something that assures a particular outcome or condition.
Where is your guarantee?How do I know? I live and breathe! I know enough about human nature and reasoning that I can personally guarantee you that there were not enough people who voted against PJ for 'your reason' to cost him the award. I can also guarantee you that Jodie Foster is not sitting by her phone right now trying to get up to nerve to call and ask me out!

In my quote, where do I put it forth as the reason PJ didn't get Best Director. I didn't write that. That is my personal opinion.

With all the "liberties" he took, it would have been wrong to award him with a Best Director trophy. Maybe you didn't say that WAS the reason but you're suggesting that liberties taken are grounds to vote against PJ for an Oscar. That has nothing to do with the award and the Academy would never vote on that basis.

I weary so of this debate. I declare myself the victor because it would be wrong to declare you as such because of the liberties you've taken with my time debating this.

Úlairi
03-26-2002, 07:10 AM
We all have extremely biest opinions, as do I. I had hoped that it might win as high as even 10-11 of its Oscars. Hmmmmm, I wonder when a certain movie-basher is going to come in?!

Eomer Dinmention
03-26-2002, 07:44 AM
Yes LOTR should have won it.

But then again A beautiful Mind was a very very good film if i may say. It was really sad though

Thorin
03-26-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Ulairi
We all have extremely biest opinions, as do I. I had hoped that it might win as high as even 10-11 of its Oscars. Hmmmmm, I wonder when a certain movie-basher is going to come in?!

:)

Ahem....:o

FoTR deserved 7 awards....three of which it did not get.....

Costume
Art Design
Song

That is it.....For someone who hated the movie, I think that is very liberal of me, is it not? :)

ReadWryt
03-26-2002, 05:48 PM
But costume design? Those costumes of "working ladies" were better than 25,000+ costumes designed for LotR? Plus, if you go to the official LotR site, they have a documentary about the Ring Wariths and those actors wear 50 meters of fabric each! And like 20 layers or something! HOW??

I'll tell you how...they don't vote for what kind of work went into the costumes, how much fabric was used or how many costumes were made, they vote for which costumes looked best, best suited the film and made the most impact on the story...

I was really angered by Ron Howard's comment that A Beautiful Mind "was after all an acting movie". Now if that doesn't smack of elitism and the assumption that a movie that contains quite bit of special effects therefore means that the actors are relying more heavily on the effects and not their own individual performances,I don't know what does!

When he said that it "was after all an acting movie" he meant that, having 3 times dialog and none of the action of LotR or Blackhawk Down it was heavily dependent on the actors to carry it. Of the two films, "A Beautifull Mind" and "The Fellowship of the Ring", which do you suppose would have suffered the most with the same effects, cinematography, art direction and all but with slightly less apt actors? Conversely, were you to keep all the same actors and diminish the amount of Action and Effects in both films, which do you suppose would suffer the most?

baraka
03-26-2002, 05:54 PM
A premise is considered logical if it's not necessarily proven but it is likely.

I grant you that your scenario is possible but I guarantee you that it is not the case.
So, you are saying that my "scenario" is possible, yet you say a "premise" is considered logical if it's not necessarily proven but it is likely. Hmmmmm.
How come is not logical? You, have said it is posible. Have you not contradicted yourself.

! I know enough about human nature and reasoning that I can personally guarantee you that there were not enough people who voted against PJ for 'your reason' to cost him the award.
Ok, I'm a reasonable person, give me some "concrete evidence" of that and i will be pleased.

That has nothing to do with the award and the Academy would never vote on that basis.
I agree with that, what I said was a personal opinion.

I weary so of this debate. I declare myself the victor because it would be wrong to declare you as such because of the liberties you've taken with my time debating this.
I don't know about that. I never asked you to "reply" to my initial statement. I wasn't my fault that you misinterpreted something i wrote. I'm also weary of this pointless debate, but my posts will not be called illogical by anyone.

elvish-queen
03-26-2002, 06:10 PM
SO sorry, HOW in all of middle earth could enya NOT win her oscar?? ok, her performance wasn't up to scratch, but it's about the movie not the performance!!! And Mckellen?? It is such hollow rubbish, in my opinion the stupid academy didn't know what they were voting for. Have they read the book? I'm willing to bet not!! AND fotr deserved best film, it is by far. At least we have next year too, and the next, but we better win both of those!! Just my humble opinion! (ok, not so humble, perhaps!):rolleyes:

PRH
03-26-2002, 06:25 PM
So, you are saying that my "scenario" is possible, yet you say a "premise" is considered logical if it's not necessarily proven but it is likely. Hmmmmm.
How come is not logical? You, have said it is posible. Have you not contradicted yourself.
You equate possible with likely. No I have not contradicted myself.

Ok, I'm a reasonable person, give me some "concrete evidence" of that and i will be pleased.No.

I agree with that, what I said was a personal opinion.
I agree with what I said too.

I don't know about that. I never asked you to "reply" to my initial statement. I wasn't my fault that you misinterpreted something i wrote. I'm also weary of this pointless debate, but my posts will not be called illogical by anyone. Crazy statements need replies. Too late. Illogical is the label. Don't worry, you can tuck it under your clothes.

baraka
03-26-2002, 06:47 PM
You equate possible with likely. No I have not contradicted myself.
likely
1. Within the realm of credibility; plausible.

possible:
1. Capable of happening, existing, or being true without contradicting proven facts, laws, or circumstances.

Here are the definitions. They are "very similar".

Ok, I'm a reasonable person, give me some "concrete evidence" of that and i will be pleased.

No.
What, are you afraid?

Crazy statements need replies. Too late. Illogical is the label.
Prove it!:)

Aredhel
03-26-2002, 06:49 PM
Oh, dear. Look what I've started. *sighs*

I agree that, after all, he did spend a great amount of time with it. I mean, seven years is quite a long time. I would have been nine when he started. And I've waited for the movie for five years now, and I was positivly sure that it would win Best Picture. Although I think that The Two Towers will have trouble next year, because of Star Wars. I remeber when Episode 1 came out. It took home a lot of awards, but you never know. I still hope The Two Towers will win some awards next year.

PRH
03-26-2002, 07:18 PM
Here are the definitions. They are "very similar".No they aren't. They are different points along a spectrum.

What, are you afraid?Yes, deathly afraid. Afraid that you might look up another word and contort the definition.

Prove it!

Originally posted by PRH
To think that he might have been denied Best Director by the Academy because of liberities he took with the book is completely illogical.There's where I labeled you. There's the proof.

baraka
03-26-2002, 07:30 PM
To think that he might have been denied Best Director by the Academy because of liberities he took with the book is completely illogical.

There's where I labeled you. There's the proof.
A mere statement is not a proof. Give me some "concrete" and undeniable evidence and you can convince me.

Thorin
03-26-2002, 07:33 PM
Good grief, Baraka and PRH, give it a rest!

Nobody here really cares about how you guys interpret the word "illogical". Change the train of thought or duke it out in private messages!!!! :)

Let's get back to what really matters....FoTR bashing.:D

PRH
03-26-2002, 07:40 PM
Yeah -- Geez baraka! what't the matter with you?

markrob
03-26-2002, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Thorin

Let's get back to what really matters....FoTR bashing.:D

Although you are on my ultra purist target list and I hardly ever agree with any of you views, I have to admit that is pretty good. But that doesnt mean were friends just yet. :p

Urylia
03-26-2002, 08:18 PM
I was really excited when i was watching them because i only saw the first couple of awards- it was late and my stupid school starts at 7:30:( . So, i was like yay! 2 for 4! Through the whole thing i was clapping for FOTR and being yelled at by my dad (QUIET DOWN!- lol)
SO anyway i was really disappointed- Ian McKellen shoukd have won and FOTR should have received best picture-sigh-at least we have two more chances-but don't expect TTT to beat Attack of the Clones!

PRH
03-26-2002, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Aredhel
I remeber when Episode 1 came out. It took home a lot of awards, but you never know.It took home zero awards.

Aredhel
03-26-2002, 08:44 PM
I can't remember. I thought it took home some.

PRH
03-26-2002, 09:19 PM
Well, no Oscars. It was nominated for Sound, Sound Effects Editing and Visual Effects - all of which it lost to The Matrix (a thorn deep in my side to this day).

baraka
03-26-2002, 11:22 PM
Okay, now to the real question: Did PJ deserved an Oscar for his work on FOTR? It's true that he undertook a great project, definitely the biggest of all the movies that i competed for the Oscars. He did a great job, he took the necessary steps and patience to make this movie a "work of art". The way ME look was fantastic. To me the dialogues and the interaction between the characters left something to be desired. (Not that it was not good.)

Did he deserved an Oscar for best director?
NO. But that's my personal opinion and I'm "biased" against PJ because of all the "liberties" he took in making the movie. (Ex. Arwen, elven princess by day, warrior enchantress by night).

PRH
03-26-2002, 11:36 PM
Well, out of the movies (didn't see Mullholland Drive - saw the rest), it should've been PJ or Altman. Giving it to Howard was just politics. As much as I detest Moulin Rouge, Baz Luhrman should probably have been at least nominated.

If liberties with the book were to be taken into consideration, it should affect the screenplay category and not the direction category.

YayGollum
03-27-2002, 12:43 AM
Since I don't want to write all that stuff all over again, I direct everybody to look at what I wrote about how great Gollum is in the thread here just called Oscars. Yay Gollum! Also, I don't post here much, because like the super scary Thorin dude, I don't think that the movies will ever compare to the books. So ummmm......tell people what I said, okay?

aragil
03-27-2002, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by PRH
If liberties with the book were to be taken into consideration, it should affect the screenplay category and not the direction category.

But as Greenwood has pointed out, liberties taken from a source material don't even matter in that category. The only people to whom this matters are people like us (non-Academy-voting Tolkien freaks), and even here the amount of liberties taken by PJ is a matter of opinion.

PRH
03-27-2002, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by aragil

But as Greenwood has pointed out, liberties taken from a source material don't even matter in that category. The only people to whom this matters are people like us (non-Academy-voting Tolkien freaks), and even here the amount of liberties taken by PJ is a matter of opinion.
Precisely. That was a big 'If.' (my 'If')

Maedhros
03-27-2002, 01:44 AM
Wrong. Best Picture, Hmmmmm. Best director "definitely, absolutely" not because of all the "liberties" he took in making the movie. It would have been a shame to reward someone who "cut" certain parts of the book by giving him an oscar.
I agree with that, even though it has nothing to do with the way the oscars are awarded.:)
Maybe next time PJ, or maybe NOT!:)

ReadWryt
03-27-2002, 02:05 AM
Actually the amount of liberties Jackson took with the story is quite well documented as we have both the book and the movie available to compare. The Academy couldn't give a dingo's kidney though as to how accurate the adaptation was...

Úlairi
03-27-2002, 06:40 AM
Exactly ReadWryt, they didn't give a dingoes kidney, in fact they liked it so much that they nominated it for best adapted screenplay!!!

baraka
03-27-2002, 03:28 PM
in fact they liked it so much that they nominated it for best adapted screenplay!!!
Hmmmm. Oh, they liked it, but not so much as to give it the Oscar. I think i will never get over the "liberties" he took.:(

Camille
03-27-2002, 04:23 PM
As I have said at the begining of this thread I do not think that he did not win for best picture or director because it is A FANTASY MOVIE Academy Award has always been political right so LOTR did not have a chance with a Beatiful mind