PDA

View Full Version : "...hunt some orc" - for the record

PRH
08-14-2002, 11:02 PM
Many people say they "hate the line - 'let's hunt some orc'" or 'let's go hunt some orc.'

For the record, this line is "let us hunt some orc."

The absence of the contraction "let's" I think elevates it just a bit. I dare say if it had been "let us hunt some orcs" (note the orcs rather than orc) then there would have been no grounds to complain, because the phrase "hunting orcs" is used several times in TTT (book).

Nonetheless, personally I basically like this line, and now that I realize it's "let us" and not "let's," I like it even more.

Talimon
08-14-2002, 11:40 PM
The line works, but something about it didn't work for me. On the other hand, it does have a nice ring to it, in that Indiana-Jones type of way.

Legolas_lover12
08-15-2002, 02:48 AM
yes, it had a nice ring to it. it was good closing line.

DGoeij
08-15-2002, 12:29 PM
After the butchering of 50+ Uruk-hai, why not? But "I'll be back", would have been cool too.
It worked in the movie, but it wasn't LOTR as it exist in my own head.

snakebitethief
06-10-2010, 04:44 PM
For the record, the line is actually

'Let's go hunt some pork.'

It makes much more sense in the context that they would be starving after walking for days and fighting of 50+ Uruk-Hai, not to mention the emotional drain of losing between 2 and 6 of their fellow fellowshippers.

x O.J

WonderBroad
06-16-2010, 05:47 AM
There's nothing else I can say, except: It was a terrible, groan-inducing line of dialogue.

RangerStryder
06-23-2010, 07:48 AM
All this time I thought it's "Lets us hunt some cork".

I thought...hmmm, maybe they are carrying bottles of wine that need corking.

FeyFeaofFeanor
06-23-2010, 02:06 PM
What a lousy line. It was not at all Indiana Jones (which I think is quite good). :eek:

Bucky
07-21-2010, 08:27 PM
Tolkien must've been rolling over in his grave....

I can hear him now after seeing the movie in a letter to PJ:

168. "Let's hunt some Orc." Firstly, this is grammaticly incorrect. It should be the plural, Orcs, from the Elvish Sindarin blah, blah, blah.......And secondly, Aragorn never said any such thing in the book. Finally, Aragorn would never utter such nonsensical rubbish. He would've said something to the effect of getting on the trail of the Orcs to rescue the Hobbits." :D

RangerStryder
07-25-2010, 10:30 AM
Tolkien must've been rolling over in his grave....

Aragorn would never utter such nonsensical rubbish.

What about in the extended edition of the RotK, when Legolas said "Game Over"....OMG!

Bucky
08-03-2010, 06:10 AM
What about in the extended edition of the RotK, when Legolas said "Game Over"....OMG!

Was that while sliding down the Oliphant trunk?

RangerStryder
08-03-2010, 07:40 AM
A drinking contest between Legolas and Gimli.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vUOwz11x0Y

Bucky
08-08-2010, 10:29 AM
Yeah, the whole portrayal of Legolas as a combination of Feanor/Fingolfin/Fingon /Finrod/Beleg/Glorfindel and Turgon to the tenth power was pretty absurd in my opinion. :D