PDA

View Full Version : silly question thats been bugging me on fotr.

ElvenArcher
08-17-2002, 02:01 AM
Ok when the get to Loth'lorien, in the movie she said that hope remains whylle company is true, she was reffering to Pippin right, because hes the only one who actually thinks they can pull it off. I know it is stupid but it was buggin me.

PRH
08-17-2002, 02:03 AM
She was refering (in the movie at least) to Sam. Notice how she was looking at him as she said this?

ElvenArcher
08-17-2002, 02:05 AM
your absalutly right, I dont know why i put pippin, but pippin is awsome thank you for helping me see that typo ;)

Lhunithiliel
08-17-2002, 01:37 PM
You are all VERY WRONG!

When Galadriel said those words she was piercing with her eyes not Pippin, nor Sam, but BOROMIR!!!
He was the first one from the Fellowship whom The Ring corrupted.

I am only glad that being such a strong character, Boromir did not give up completely!!! So sad that he died!:(

ElvenArcher
08-17-2002, 01:40 PM
"Ok Ok, its my job to ask questions after nightfall."

ElvenArcher
08-17-2002, 02:14 PM
So, Lhnuithiliel's love for the halflings leaf has cleary slowed her mind?

PRH
08-17-2002, 05:16 PM
I'm afraid so...

Wood Elf
08-17-2002, 07:41 PM
Yeah, I think she was referring to Sam. Geez, I wonder how it feels to have Galadriel probing your mind. Probably not too nice, even if you are good.

Anamatar IV
08-17-2002, 09:09 PM
im not sure about when she was talking but afterwards when aragorn comes and talks to boromir, boromir tells him that galadriel told that hope remained but he didnt see any.

Ravenna
08-17-2002, 10:45 PM
As I recall it , she was looking at Boromir when she spoke about the quest being balanced on the edge of a knife, and the stray but a little part, then switched to Sam when talking about hope remaining if all the company is true.

Lhunithiliel
08-18-2002, 07:39 AM
So, Lhnuithiliel's love for the halflings leaf has cleary slowed her mind?

??????????

What do you mean?

ElvenArcher
08-18-2002, 04:20 PM
you said Borimor was the hope then everone else said the hobbit sam..
so u see, your love for the halflings leaf has clearly slowed ur mind

-no offense, thats the only fraise from the movie that i can remeber that had to do with this

Niniel
08-19-2002, 02:11 PM
Can't she be referring to both of them? Meaning that their hope will seem lost when Boromir fails, but that with the help of Sam who remains true to Frodo, it can be done after all?

LadyGaladriel
08-19-2002, 02:17 PM
The enigmatical character of Galadriel .

She cant fore see that sam will go with Frodo and Gollum will be the hero , She can only guess with her Mirror being so unreliable . She can see Boromir desires it greatly and doesn't she mention it to frodo (you know of the one I speak)

She is telling them all to be true to each other and themselves.

ElvenArcher
08-19-2002, 10:24 PM
how true.

CloakedShadow
08-20-2002, 03:32 AM
I don't think so...I think she was referring to Boromir, because he was the first to fall to the power of the ring...and remember, Boromir comments to the others (in the book) that Galadriel's stare broke him...summat like that...

Well, I'm off...
The Cloaked Shadow

ElvenArcher
08-21-2002, 01:31 AM
hmmm logicle....

Nenya Evenstar
08-21-2002, 11:07 PM
I believe that she was meaning Sam. First she holds Boromir's gaze for a while at which point I always thought that she spoke to him about the fall of Gondor and about the remaining hope for his people. She did something to the same effect in the books except that in them she stares into the eyes of the entire Felloship and basically reads their minds. Then (back to the movie) she says something along the lines of, "The Quest stands on the edge of a knife. Stray but a little, and it will fail to the ruin of all." I think that she was directing this to the entire company. Then she says while changing her gaze to Sam, "But hope remains while the company remains true". She also adds a little smile. So, the way I take it is that she is referring to Sam because she knows that he is true to Frodo no matter what. I think that Boromir referring to her telling him that there is still hope is just PJ's way of letting the audience know that she can read their minds. Oh, and when she was talking about hope she was talking about hope of the Quest succeeding, not of the fall of Gondor.

ElvenArcher
08-21-2002, 11:33 PM
yes yes true true