PDA

View Full Version : This films soundtrack is brilliant....

mr underhill
09-18-2002, 10:46 PM
especially the ending credits music.... my 2nd fave score ever...

*( after star wars )

Gary Gamgee
09-18-2002, 11:04 PM
It is Brilliant. Just recently it was voted the best film soundtrack of all time by listeners of Classic fm in the uk. Concerning Hobbits and the Bridge of Khazad-Dum are my particular favourites.

Flame of Anor
09-19-2002, 01:42 AM
My personal favs are 2.) Concerning Hobbits 8.) Flight to the Ford 9.) Many Meetings 13.) The Bridge of Khazad-Dm 17.) The Breaking of the Fellowship...............pretty much, I like all of them, but those are the ones I like above the rest.

-Flame

Carantalath
09-19-2002, 01:58 AM
That's so weird, cause I'm listening to the soundtrack right now. My favorites are Concerning Hobbits, Many Meetings, The Bridge of Khazad-dum, Lothlorien, and Amon Hen. I almost cry when I listen to the Breaking of the Fellowship because I think its sad. That's great to see that I'm not the only one who loves the soundtrack.

Anamatar IV
09-19-2002, 02:06 AM
my favorites are the bridge of Khazad doom and the song by that person *kicks self for forgetting name* like may it be or let it be something like that.

CloakedShadow
09-19-2002, 02:13 AM
Enya sang May It Be...the entire sound track almost moves me to tears...it's so bee-you-tee-ful! :D

Nenya Evenstar
09-19-2002, 05:09 AM
I have it completely memorized (almost)! :) I almost cry myself (in fact I might have before) when I listen to it. It's perfect! My favorite thing to do is start at the beginning and listen all the way through just to live the journey with everyone. It really works, and you feel very refreshed afterwards. It's almost like you've just watched the movie. The pieces which move me the most are: "A Journey in the Dark", "The Breaking of the Fellowship", and "May it Be". However, the entire soundtrack moves me, but those ones in particular. I LOVE the part where Gandalf lights up his staff and shows everyone Dwarrowdelf. Oh, so beautiful!

Talimon
09-19-2002, 06:57 AM
The soundtrack is great, but has anyone noticed the Gondorian theme missing from it? What I am reffering to is the theme that takes place when Boromir stands up at the council and starts talking about Gondor. Go watch the movie and you'll see what I mean. It is this very epic theme played by what is a french horn, I believe. I guess they'll flesh that out further in the next two movies. But I was kind of hoping it would make it onto the FotR soundtrack. It's really a taste of things to come.

Nenya Evenstar
09-20-2002, 12:07 AM
No, I didn't notice that. I'll be listening for it next time I watch the movie!

Flame of Anor
09-20-2002, 05:25 AM
I noticed that, too. Also, there are some other places like that but i can't remember where they are.

-Flame

Popqueen62
09-24-2002, 10:00 PM
And everytime i read one of his books, i listen to the soundtrack. I especially love the song that goes with the shire, it makes me think of peace and tranquility (sp?)

Gary Gamgee
09-26-2002, 09:43 PM
Talimon apperntly there was a special edition soundtrack available that contained the entire score, all 3 hours of it. I don't know if it's still out there as I have never actually seen it, only heard about it on here. But I will be listening out for the Gondor theme next time I watch the film, I haven't noticed it yet thanx for pointing that out:)

Niniel
09-28-2002, 07:11 PM
I love the soundtrack too, especially The Breaking of the Fellowship. Sometimes I whistle it aloud on the street (I whistle or sing all the time on the street, sometimes people look very weird at me...). But I did miss some music on the soundtrack, specifically the dancing music at the birthday party, I liked that a lot.

Talimon
09-28-2002, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Gary Gamgee
Talimon apperntly there was a special edition soundtrack available that contained the entire score, all 3 hours of it. I don't know if it's still out there as I have never actually seen it, only heard about it on here. But I will be listening out for the Gondor theme next time I watch the film, I haven't noticed it yet thanx for pointing that out:)

Well, there is a "collectors" edition, but it doesn't include any new tracks. Just a more fancy leather cover and booklet. Maybe you're talking about something else, however.

Wolfshead
09-28-2002, 11:10 PM
I think the whole album is great but I'd have to say Concerning Hobbits and The Bridge Of Khazud Dum are my favourites. Concerning Hobbits just makes you smile because they're all so happy in that part of the film and The Bridge Of Khazud Dum is so dramatic.

I don't normally listen to it during the day, it's not heavy enough and there aren't enough guitars for that :D But I put it on every night as I go to sleep, it helps me drift away, or so to speak.

Isilme
09-29-2002, 07:21 PM
will enya be singing in the next two too?

Gary Gamgee
09-30-2002, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Talimon
Well, there is a "collectors" edition, but it doesn't include any new tracks. Just a more fancy leather cover and booklet. Maybe you're talking about something else, however.

yeah I've seen that collectors edition but it's not the one i was talking about. To be honest with you I've only ever heard about it (the one i was talking about) so it could have been that they where havering. I found the Gondor theme though, it's great cant wait to hear it fully realised. i had heard it before but just didn't link it to Gondor. Thanx.

Flame of Anor
10-01-2002, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by Isilme
will enya be singing in the next two too?
I would guess so. But I am not sure.

-Flame

Jesse
02-09-2003, 01:42 PM
She was in TTT soundtrack. I like that soundtrack way better than Fellowship of the Ring. However, Concerning Hobbits is by far my most favored track on the FotR soundtrack. For TTT, I like Evenstar. Isn't that the track when in the film, Gandalf the White appears?

Niniel
02-09-2003, 04:19 PM
Was Enya in the TTT soundtrack? Where?

Isenho
02-09-2003, 05:46 PM
no.

the beginning of The Black Rider is the BEST.

Wolfshead
02-14-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Niniel
Was Enya in the TTT soundtrack? Where? She wasn't, it was a load of other people I've never heard of before.

33Peregrin
02-19-2003, 03:51 AM
I love both the FOTR and TTT soundtracks. I listen to FOTR before I go to bed, and TTT I blast on the speakers right when I wake up, and surprisingly, no one in my family cares! Cool.

I really love the FOTR soundtrack. When I first got it, almost a year ago, I loved Concerning Hobbits the best. It was, and is, the best song ever! I loved/ loved it so much! After a while, the rest of the soundtrack grew on me, and my favorite song ever is now The Breaking of the Fellowship, Concerning Hobbits, Amon Hen, The Great River, The Bridge of Khazad Dum, and the Council of Elrond, and the Ring goes South. So, the whole soundtrack. I love it! It is really fun to listen to all of the Nazgul songs, especially when listening to the whole thing from stop to finish!

I also like the TTT soundtrack. It is really good. I love listening to it really loud in the morning!!! I don't think individual songs stand out as much as in the FOTR one, but the whole thing is great to listen to over and over again. My favorite songs on it are definetely Isengard Unleashed (especially this one), Foundations of Stone, and Evenstar.
I really love these soundtracks, and they are pretty much all I listen to. (except Enya now, of course...)
:) :) :)

Flame of Anor
02-19-2003, 05:35 AM
I personally enjoyed The Prophecy, Concerning Hobbits, The Breaking of the Fellowship, Amon Hen, and The Bridge of Khazah-Dum on the Fellowship Soundtrack. On the Two Towers soundtrack, it would have to be Foundations of Stone..... oh gosh i can't remember. It has been a long time since i have listened to the CD. I will have to get back to you on that one.

-Flame