PDA

View Full Version : Peter Jackson At The Pony

Wolfshead
09-22-2002, 12:00 AM
Today I was watching FOTR for about the 4th time and I was keeping a really close eye out for Peter Jackson in the Prancing Pony. I'd heard some months ago he made an apearrance but I only remembered the last time I watched it.

After watching the video twice I have come to the conclusion that he's the guy holding a carrot outside the inn. I'd heard that he was in the Pony, but that was a long time ago. Does anyone know for definate?

Anamatar IV
09-22-2002, 12:02 AM
i saw an isildur look alike there but later realised that it was just some guy.

Wolfshead
09-22-2002, 02:06 AM
I noticed that as well, but I figured it would just have been a coincidence.

Anamatar IV
09-22-2002, 02:14 AM
ive concluded that it is absolutely NOT isildur. Just some drunk in a bar. Grew his hair long, had a bit too much beer around his face...looks just like isildur. But it is not him if you do a comparison.

Wolfshead
09-22-2002, 02:44 AM
Probably just some twisted New Zealander who thought it'd be funny to make himself look like the guy who plays Isildur so he could confuse Elves and poor Tolkien fans.

You see, when Elrond tried getting Isildur to put the Ring in Mount Doom (this is the film) it wasn't actually Isildur it was that New Zealander guy. Isildur was actually outside looking for Elrond to show him the way to the Cracks Of Doom. So the whole reason any of LOTR happened was because some New Zealander wanted to play a prank.

Or not.

Anamatar IV
09-22-2002, 02:51 AM
that makes perfect sense!!!!! The new zealander thought elrond wanted him to throw his wedding ring in and he said no and walked away into bree.

Morgaphry
09-22-2002, 03:06 AM
Yes Peter Jackson was in the scene at Bree.

He burps at the hobbits in the street before they enter the Prancing Pony.

Morgaphry

Ariana Undomiel
09-22-2002, 03:42 AM
Yes, that is exactly what I saw.

~Ariana

Mindy_O_Lluin
09-22-2002, 03:57 AM
I recently watched "The Frighteners" and saw Peter Jackson do a similar street shot in there too. Now I will have to rent "Heavenly Creatures" and see if he makes a habit of this Hitchcockian ploy.

Wolfshead
09-22-2002, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Anamatar IV
that makes perfect sense!!!!! The new zealander thought elrond wanted him to throw his wedding ring in and he said no and walked away into bree.
So it was all just one big misunderstanding. But think, if that New Zealander had not been there, we wouldn't have had LOTR and Tolkien would not have been able to write down what happened after finding a Hobbit posing as a garden gnome in his garden. But this Hobbit probably told lies about how the story went and it wasn't actually a Hobbit that destroyed the Ring, it was a walking rosebush from just down the road.

Originally posted by Morgaphry
Yes Peter Jackson was in the scene at Bree. He burps at the hobbits in the street before they enter the Prancing Pony.
Was he the guy with the carrot just outside the inn? He's the one that seems to look just like PJ.

Originally posted by Mindy_O_Lluin
I recently watched "The Frighteners" and saw Peter Jackson do a similar street shot in there too.
Now, The Frighteners, a very good film in my opinion.