PDA

View Full Version : Riddles In The Dark?

andromeda
10-23-2002, 04:55 AM
i was recently watching LOTR:FOTRand was wondering about a certain quote. it's in the part where bilbo leaves and frodo comes home and finds the ring on the floor. gandalf is sitting by the fire smoking and he mutters "riddles in the dark". i was just wondering what he meant by this, if anyone has any idea.

Grond
10-23-2002, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by andromeda
i was recently watching LOTR:FOTRand was wondering about a certain quote. it's in the part where bilbo leaves and frodo comes home and finds the ring on the floor. gandalf is sitting by the fire smoking and he mutters "riddles in the dark". i was just wondering what he meant by this, if anyone has any idea. Gandalf is simply remembering the events that led to Bilbo's "getting" of the Ring now that Bilbo has left it.

Legolas_lover12
10-23-2002, 01:40 PM
beacuse if u remember when bilbo found gollum he had to win at the riddle game or gollum would eat him. he won by saying "what have i got in my pockets?" and the chapter it was in was called riddles in the dark.:D

andromeda
10-23-2002, 09:28 PM
thanks a bunch, i haven't gotten around to reading The Hobbit yet, so i had no idea

YayGollum
10-23-2002, 09:30 PM
Yay Gollum! He had some really good riddles! The evil thief Bilbo Baggins only won by cheating! And people think Gollum's bad! :eek:

Legolas_lover12
10-23-2002, 10:43 PM
LOL. i don't think i'll comment on that .................:D:D

YayGollum
10-23-2002, 10:56 PM
What? What's wrong with that? It's just an innocent observation. :D And a stubborn accusation, and a loyal exclamation. :rolleyes: oh well. Yay Gollum!

Legolas_lover12
10-23-2002, 11:10 PM
YAY BILBO!!