PDA

View Full Version : Hall of Mithril Knights

Nenya Evenstar
01-11-2003, 06:06 PM
I have decided that it would probably be better if we move all government and important discussions out of the main Mithril Knights thread and into a different thread. Bring up and discuss important issues here.

Nenya Evenstar
01-17-2003, 07:41 PM
I am beginning to think that the battle arena rules made by whiterider are not going to work for how the battles seem to be going. Here are the past rules:

The challenger always has first move.
Other knight then has the choice of defending himself or herself or countering the move.
If you choose to defend you greatly reduce the about of injury caused,
but you give the other person a chance to prepare themselves for your attack (meaning that they now also have the choice of defending or attacking).
However if you decide to counter an attack you greatly increase your chances or being injured yet the other person gets no free time to prepare themselves and so is forced to counter your move ,greatly increasing your chances of inflicting damage.
So, what you do in the arena is up to you, but the judge will decide
how much damage is caused taking the quality of the attack and the defence into account.

Every knight starts off with 100% health.
You lose your health depending on the amount of damage caused
e.g. a direct hit, caused by a good attack and a poor defence or counter,
could reduce your health by up to 25%.

Also, the more health you lose the less effective your defence or attacks are and the more easily you are damaged.

It seems to me that the judges now are simply there to make sure that everything stays realistic. It also seems to me that when the battle is fought that it is more the two people fighting who determine the outcome. Read these rules and let me know if you think we should change them. They just don't seem to fit anymore. :)

Dáin Ironfoot I
01-18-2003, 06:10 PM
Concerning the HI issue... perhaps my Dwarf Falim Stealthspear can be a dual HI and MK guy. He could be the link between the two, and lead some MKs into battle with HI if they choose.

Nenya Evenstar
01-18-2003, 09:03 PM
Hmmm... perhaps. There is still a lot to be worked out about how exactly the MK's fit into HI. I'm working on it slowly.

Éomond
01-19-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by Dáin Ironfoot I
Concerning the HI issue... perhaps my Dwarf Falim Stealthspear can be a dual HI and MK guy. He could be the link between the two, and lead some MKs into battle with HI if they choose.

Well Dain, we arn't really a army, so there's really nobody you could lead, but, it could be disscussed.

Éomond
02-02-2003, 05:33 AM
To make this guild a bit cleaner or whatever, I was thinking we should make a Join Thread, and make the thread Guild of the Mithril Knights just a duscussion thread. Ideas?

Nenya Evenstar
02-02-2003, 07:14 AM
Sounds like a great idea to me, Eomond! :)

Éomond
02-02-2003, 07:25 AM
Great! I'll start it soon, and get it stickyed with the new Member list, if any of the Mods will respond to my pms.

Éomond
02-02-2003, 11:43 PM
Ok, um, I want to get back to something (I bet no one remembers) is a rank type system. I don't want to do colors or anything, but if anyone has any new ideas then please post so. I have a few but they're still on the drawing board.:)

Nenya Evenstar
02-04-2003, 04:59 PM
Hmmm...I have always really liked the equality of the Mithril Knights. It seems that all the other guilds on the forum have some sort of a ranking system. I have always like the brotherhood aspect of the Mithril Knights because it seems to have a level of difference and potential that the other guilds don't have. Just my thoughts. :)

Mablung
04-03-2003, 10:19 PM
I'll bring this back up to the top for everyone who didn't know it was here to see. If you have some sort of issue place in here and we will speak of it. Also look at the RPG Library thread and post any ideas you have in there. First issue I will be double checking all of the profiles for the upcoming switch to the 4th age and will be PMing those who need to change theirs in any way.

Mablung
04-03-2003, 10:52 PM
I also think we need a new description for our guild under the name on the Main Index any ideas? I know some of you are quite eloquent and could come up with something.

Theoden_king
04-04-2003, 10:32 AM
Something that says we are not under the white council? Is it to say we are working for anyone or we are like the rangers?

Nenya Evenstar
04-04-2003, 04:39 PM
It is our pride to defend what is good and upright in the lands of Middle-earth.

Looking for something like that?

Mablung
04-04-2003, 10:00 PM
Yeah something more along the lines of what Nenya had.