Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arwen dying???

Arwen dying???

In the official ROTK photo guide that is available here, I read something very strange: Arwen is ill and dying, and that's why she sends Elrond to bring Andúril to Aragorn! It sounded like a really weird plot change, and I really wonder why PJ put that in. It would explain the famous unexplained picture of Arwen lying on that bed as if sleeping.
    'But this I will say to you, Celegorn the fell, by the sight that is given me in this hour, that neither thou nor any son of Fëanor shall regain the Silmarils ever unto world's end. And this that we now seek shall come indeed, but never to your hands. Nay, your oath shall devour you, and deliver into other keeping the bride-price of Lúthien.'

So explain to me how in the name of Eru () does an Elf get ill?

In the clouds><> or Inside the Matrix, Where ever I choose to be!!
    I dont think she could die first of all because she and aragon are going to get married and why would peter play her role up so much if she was just going to die?
    I have this book and it shows Galadriel and Arwen together and we know she(G) would not go to rivendell be cuase that would be messed up(even more so). The only thing i can think of is that elrond leaves and she has some important thing she has to do so she goes and get Galdriel to help......
    I am..(good guy(girl) music here)...Weathergirl!!! I have control of the weather! So, beware bad guys, evil-doers and people who don't pay attention to the meteorologist on tv! I am here to stop you!:smash:Oh no ! I must go - someone is calling for help.. FYI ... When the rapture comes ..this computer will be unmanned ... beware!! Alkdilwen the Elf

I have no idea how Arwen can be dying, unless it's some sort of metaphor for going to the West. But I fear it's another one of PJ's strange ideas.
    'But this I will say to you, Celegorn the fell, by the sight that is given me in this hour, that neither thou nor any son of Fëanor shall regain the Silmarils ever unto world's end. And this that we now seek shall come indeed, but never to your hands. Nay, your oath shall devour you, and deliver into other keeping the bride-price of Lúthien.'

Re: Arwen dying???

Originally posted by Niniel
    In the official ROTK photo guide that is available here, I read something very strange: Arwen is ill and dying, and that's why she sends Elrond to bring Andúril to Aragorn! It sounded like a really weird plot change, and I really wonder why PJ put that in. It would explain the famous unexplained picture of Arwen lying on that bed as if sleeping.
    Strange. I'd never even heard of this possibly being a rumor. I would think that it would have been mentioned in some form or another. I was under the impression that the scene of Arwen lying in a bed was an end of the movie scene from the book's appendicis to show what happens to Aragorn and Arwen at the end of their lives. There are photos of a much older Aragorn lying dead and Arwen beside him. The 'bed of roses' scene with Arwen is when she returns to Lorien to die. At least that's what I thought they were.

ok What???? Are you kidding me...? PlZ tell me that you are kidding me....That is totally ridiculous and absurd...PJ what the F#@$ are you thinking? Well if it is true, which I think not, I will hunt him down. *runs out crying*.................*comes in*

Ok you know how stupid that sounds, to develop their love so deeply, too just make her sick and die. Shes a freacking Elf...That will be a disgrace.....
    "Wisdom doesn't automatically come with old age. Nothing does -except wrinkles. Its true, some wines improve with age. But only if the grapes were good in the first place."
    Abigail Van Buren, 1978

My, my. Calm down! I was waiting for you to find this thread, it was inevitable...

Is there any way for me to get a look at this photo guide? Over the internet perhaps? And is it released by New Line, or just some independent speculator?

Rather disturbing, I must admit...
    No, really, this robe is white. It just hasn't been washed in a while...

Im sorry, but I can't help it...It just kills me Gandalf....
    "Wisdom doesn't automatically come with old age. Nothing does -except wrinkles. Its true, some wines improve with age. But only if the grapes were good in the first place."
    Abigail Van Buren, 1978

No need to apologize. But there is also no need to get all worked up over something not necessarily true.

I must say, if that is what's going to happen I'm glad that I won't be seeing it in the same theatre!

Celebthôl ,yes elves can get ill.It's nod exactly illness.With the time and throughout the years the burden of the immortal life becomes so heavy that some elves desire to go to The Hall of Mandos.

But in the bearing of her son Miriel was consumed in spirit and body;and after his birth she yearned for release from the labour of living.
    She went then to the gardens of Lorien and lay down to sleep;but though she seemed to sleep,her spirit indeed departed from her body,and passed in silence to the Halls of Mandos
    These quotes from The Silmarillion can exampkify how an "ill" elf feels like.But I suppose PJ did not do such a terrible mistake to change Arwen's acts so drastically.
    GUILDMASTER EMIRITUS OF THE GUILD OF TOLKIENOLOGY
    Charter Member of The Guild of Tolkienology
    Sr.Journeyman Tolkienologist

Well, thats more of a wearyness, and Arwen isnt even that old as far as Elves go, maybe shes heart broken because she has to choose between Aragorn and Elrond?

Another, simpler way of explaining it is this: elves can die of two things, 1) wounds in a battle, or 2) grief.

Which would of course mean Arwen is fading because of grief, at least in PJ's version.

If PJ has decided (highly probable I think) to add such stupid things I will be totally disappointed with him.
    GUILDMASTER EMIRITUS OF THE GUILD OF TOLKIENOLOGY
    Charter Member of The Guild of Tolkienology
    Sr.Journeyman Tolkienologist

I already am dissapointed with him, so it makes no difference to me anymore. . .

Well that makes three of us. I am disappointed in PJ, but love the movies.

Still, please no Arwen dying nonsense in RotK. PLEASE!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast