Re: JRR Tolkien: True Blue Roman Catholic — or Closet Freemason?
I'm suggesting nothing. I simply offer what I found.
Originally Posted by Hammersmith
That's the kind of attitude I love!!! (Don't forget: what we don't comprehend outnumbers what we do, as the aggregate particles of the Gobi desert outnumber a grain of sand...so you're in good company!)
Originally Posted by SpankusArililius
I would love to get into that with you, aber es ist verboten bei unser Füherer!
I'm at the point where I'm looking for my own conclusions on a lot of life's most puzzling questions. I am currently delving into texts of the Sumerians.... if anyone has any input or interesting theories, please....... let me in.
Once upon a time early in my checkered career of spiritual wanderlust, I investigated Theosophy — now there's something as exotic and juicy as a ripe plum! When you're done with the Sumerians, you might look into that too.
Last edited by Barliman Butterbur; 02-19-2008 at 02:33 AM.
• Legolas: "The deeds of Men will outlast us, Gimli."
"And yet come to naught in the end but might-have-beens, I guess," said the Dwarf. —RotK: Bk. 3, Ch. 9
• By dint of railing at idiots we run the risk of becoming idiots ourselves. —Gustave Flaubert
• Arguing with a fool is like wrestling a pig in the mud. Eventually you realize the pig is enjoying it.—Gay N. Drehr
• With the truth, one cannot live. To be able to live, one needs illusions. —Otto Rank
• The final belief is to believe in a fiction which you know to be a fiction...It is the belief and not the god that counts. —Wallace Stevens
• It's all about how well you treat yourself and others. —Barley