Re: Why did Arwen have to die?
She had "mannish" as well as elvish genes. She had the choice either to live with Aragorn and give up her elvish immortality or sail over Sea and be immortal. She chose to stay with Aragorn, knowing full well what awaited her.
Originally Posted by alphamale
• Legolas: "The deeds of Men will outlast us, Gimli."
"And yet come to naught in the end but might-have-beens, I guess," said the Dwarf. —RotK: Bk. 3, Ch. 9
• By dint of railing at idiots we run the risk of becoming idiots ourselves. —Gustave Flaubert
• Arguing with a fool is like wrestling a pig in the mud. Eventually you realize the pig is enjoying it.—Gay N. Drehr
• With the truth, one cannot live. To be able to live, one needs illusions. —Otto Rank
• The final belief is to believe in a fiction which you know to be a fiction...It is the belief and not the god that counts. —Wallace Stevens
• It's all about how well you treat yourself and others. —Barley