Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Tharbad (OOC Thread)

Re: New Tharbad (OOC Thread)

Hey y'all,

Well, I fear that I'm really the one who should be answering the question, as it was my last post that sparked all this.

I'm definitely used to more of a collaborative writing environment where folks can handle dialogue for other characters and, to some limited extent, their actions as well. I think there's generally a trust that no one's going to write something horribly out of character, or irrevocably alter the flow of the story.

I can alter or remove my post if need be, especially if you think I misguessed on important elements of Dinel's character, Tom.

Wow. I have to say I'm rather stunned (in a good way) at how this RP has been received. *claps hands*

I know, I'm a bad RPer, vanishing like that. I went on vacation, and then came back to a family member being taken to the hospital. Top that off with being pregnant, and well...that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

All that (aside from being still pregnant) settled, I am back now, and I am heading over RIGHT NOW to the RP thread to see what you've all come up with. By the sounds of it, you've carried on just fine without me, though I appreciate my character not being killed, despite the fact that I broke my own rule.

Off I go!
    "The truth. It is a beautiful and terrible thing, and must therefore be treated with great caution." - JK Rowling
    "I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it." - Pablo Picasso

FIND ME ON Facebook
    !

OK!

Posted one for Dalin...that should bring him up to speed, and the story back into sync. I will post another for Cyryn later. I'm going to ponder for a bit...

Does this pacify you guys?
    "The truth. It is a beautiful and terrible thing, and must therefore be treated with great caution." - JK Rowling
    "I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it." - Pablo Picasso

FIND ME ON Facebook
    !

Great to have you amongst us! Hope everything's well on the family front.

As for pacification, no score to settle on my account. This rp has proven to become the genesis of a character and tale I had not foreseen. So I consider myself well ahead, as the concepts continue to develop.

I think that between Halasian and I, we have a broader tale taking shape. For that, I thank you.

By the way, folks, I have uncovered whose Rin's birth parents are. Aside from one character, it's unlikely that any currently in this rp will be able to guess at her true origins and from that, the implications for the Northern Realm.
    Elora Starsong
    Sleepless foe of Morgoth

Haha, yea, that's one of the beauties of this RP concept. It was a few years ago, and it still is today. The town is the center place, but who is to know who is there, who is going there, who has been there, or who will get picked up and drug there!

Also, with a rickety old town, who knows what will fall apart!?!

FIND ME ON Facebook
    !

Doesn't look like this is getting much traction. Thanks to Firwyn and this thread for getting Elora & my tale going. It gave me the muse again!
    Since our tale is clearly outside the scope of this RP, we decided to write ourselves out of it, and will be continuing it in The Glittering Caves. Namarie
    ~ Dúnedain Ranger of the Black Company of Arnor ~
    ~ The Free Company of Annúminas ~

I would like to echo Halasían's sentiments. This rp was the creative Petrie Dish for a wider tale invoking our characters. My thanks for that. :-)

I wish you well in shaping this tale, should it be able to continue, and hope to be able to write with you again at some point.

Namarie
    Elora Starsong
    Sleepless foe of Morgoth

Just curious if there's still room for characters. Well, one character in specific-- a hobbit named Django Tanglefoot. What can you tell me to bring me quickly up to speed as to the general disposition of the game? I'm thinking Django would be a newcomer to the berg, and so would not be familiar with much. I'd love to play, but haven't had a chance to read the board back to front. Anything I can know would be a great help, obviously

So from what I've read in the IC thread, the Black Company is heading to Bree. Any chance an experienced hunter and cook with more than a bit of the Bucklander in his blood could join up, or maybe even follow them unknown?

Been really impressed with the writing so far, especially in the players' ability to keep in the tone of Tolkien's prose. Definitely want in on this, but would rather not just barge in unannounced

Feel free to jump right in! I'm actually due to post my own self. Looking forward to seeing new faces, welcome!

FIND ME ON Facebook
    !

Hi Tanglefoot.

Unfortunately, Halasian and I wrote ourselves out of this rp given the gravitational forces exerted by a different tale.
    Elora Starsong
    Sleepless foe of Morgoth

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123