Thread: who didn't talk?

who didn't talk?

which ones of the thirteen dwarves have no words in the book. I mean they certainly talked between themselves but I believe some of them never had a speech on the book. which ones I wonder.. any ideas?
    Be on your guard! There are older and fouler things than orcs, in the deep places of the world..

Re: who didn't talk?

I'm guessing some dwarf like Bifur or Bofur, but I would have to reread The Hobbit toknow for sure. Guess I'll have to put that on my to do list.
    'Twas brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe. Lewis Carroll

We know that in everything God works for good with those who love him, who are called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

I just finished reading The Hobbit again. I didn't notice any direct quotations from Oin, Gloin, or Ori. The only dwarf that has much diaglogue is Thorin.
    'Twas brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe. Lewis Carroll

We know that in everything God works for good with those who love him, who are called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

It's hard to say because in the book they are so often referred to as "the dwarves". But I distinctly remember Bifur talking. Balin has a lot of lines, gaining much more of a personality than the others, which fits with him being a special friend of Bilbo's even in the Lord of the Rings. Also, Bombur is a rather prominent figure in the book and for more than his girth. He, Balin and Fili and Kili are the only ones Bilbo names on the verge of battle that he will miss them. Fili and Kili are mostly just that FiliandKili and although they gain some individuality even to the amount of disagreeing with Thorin over his treatment of Bilbo, they are never mentioned separately. Thorin, of course, has the most to say.
    All in all, it's not easy to get a personal picture of the dwarves in the book. I remember, though, that as kid we managed to do that. My brother preferred Thorin at that time, being the leader, and I was more drawn towards Fili and Kili. We gave Balin to our younger sister .