🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

🎶 The Official TTF Music Thread! 🎶

Erestor Arcamen

Archivist
Staff member
Reaction score
The previous music thread went 500+ replies and was in need of a refresher so I've locked the old one so you can still see what was posted and have started this new one as a pinned post. Share what you're listening to and what you'd love to share with your fellow TTF'ers 😁!

If you're interested in seeing MORE of the excellent music that we love, check out the previous thread!

Halasían

Dunedain Ranger
Reaction score
I'll pile on to the Rush wagon... I shared in the old thread what an impact Rush had on me in my young life. Here is a post I shared on another site...

Neil Peart, drummer and lyricist of the band Rush passed away the other day at age 67. Thank you for all the rock n roll in my life (and for contributing to my tinnitus). Rest in Peace Professor...

I liked what Dave Grohl of Nirvana/Foo Fighters said of Neil.

Halasían

Dunedain Ranger
Reaction score
Acid in those eyes.

And I'll get in on the Doors as well as I've been listening to then a lot this last week before the news of Neil.

Don't Stop to Speak or Look Around
Your Gloves and Fan are on the Ground,
We're Getting Out of Town
We're Going On the Run,
And You're the One I Want to Come

- Jim Morrison

Squint-eyed Southerner

Pawing through the trash behind the Pony
Reaction score
Lovely song from Taeyeon:

(You can turn off the captions if you want).

Edit: We don't usually post much commentary on music, but after thinking about it, I thought a little background might be helpful on this, since few here are familiar with Kpop.

Taeyeon has lost several friends to suicide, two of them just in the last few months, and has recently revealed that she herself is getting treatment for depression. This song seems to be like a letter written to herself; note how the line after the refrain changes each time, until she's telling herself to remember her words, when she starts to slip back into a dark place (the Korean title translates literally as "Words to Myself").

Something could be said about the imagery in the video -- for instance, that two of her friends' favorite colors were pink, while hers is light blue -- but my real reason for wanting to post about this, if I may, is because we have a number of young members here -- some very young -- who might be having a difficult time in life (I've been there). If you're feeling down, you can perhaps take some hope from the song's message, and the fact that even someone as popular and successful as Taeyeon can still suffer from depression.

But if you find yourself continuously depressed, or having suicidal thoughts, please, do what she did, and seek help.

Remember, your life is precious.

Last edited:

Squint-eyed Southerner

Reaction score
Oops -- I missed Angelina Jordan's birthday last week, so a belated Happy 28th, Angelina!

EDIT: Always get thrown off by her voice -- I mean happy half of that, Angelina! :p

Squint-eyed Southerner

Reaction score
I don't think I posted any of MAMAMOO's pre-debut videos on the old thread, something I now remedy. From 2014:

If you're wondering about the lack of views there, I found one without popups. The normal one has over three and a half million.

It occurs to me, looking over their career, that from the very beginning, even when doing "sexy concept", it was always as self-confident, adult women, not aegyo-style, much less loli. Something to be admired, IMO.

Last edited:

Thread suggestions