🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

A Shadow Darkens

Snaga

The Usual Suspect
Reaction score
I am Snaga, uruk of Mordor.

Should you crave the protection of the forces of darkness, perhaps I will help. But snivelling Tarks of Gondor, horse-filth, beardlings or elf-scum beware! I will put you to a death more painful than your cruellest imaginings.

So. This thread will tell you how I am mustering a force you should fear and respect. If you have the wits to read it. If you are an ally of the Dark Storm of the East, you may post here how you wish to help. Western maggots, do not try my patience with your mewing and whining. I have important matters to attend to.

I was exiled from Mordor for a time. I escaped death, after I slew the great orc captain, who insulted me. I travelled. I crossed the lands of galloping straw-munchers, I came to the Misty Mountains. I know the chieftains of the Orcs of Moria, and Gundabad. The mountain-worms are weak, pathetic wrigglers in their caves compared to us, who were bred by the Great Eye, in the third age. But there are many, and they are my friends.

But I returned, and I met with the Dark Lord, mighty overlord of the East, and of the South. He gave me the a great part of his strength to lead. I head a great garrison of orcs.

I went to the Sea of Nurnen. My force was camped there, in great strength. The waters are grey, and seem hardly to move under the unrelenting sun of Mordor. All about the slave workers toil to feed the armies of the Dark, chained in the fields. I came, and I found their lieutenant: my right hand. 'Who amongst this rabble, is the strongest lad we have?' Snarling, he dragged out a pit a great orc, more than man-high. Almost like an olog-hai he looked to me. He'd killed 20 of my forces in a fight last night, and he had been chained to a rock, at the bottom of pit of fumes as punishment. 'And who' I sneered, 'deemed this punishment right?' My lieutenant stepped forward. I slew him on the spot. For great fighters we need, and those who die by the wayside we feed to the wolves. The great champion I made my new lieutenant, and some of the lesser rabble quailed. 'Yes!' I laughed at them. 'And there's worse to come, but if you can stomach it I will feed you on man-flesh. Now! We go to Khand! Run you filth! We don't wait for weaklings, and gutless swine. If you stumble, you'll feel the whip; if you fall I'll slice your guts open. Run!'

Two nights and one day we ran for. I kept the lash on them, and we reached the southern mountains in good time. A few weaklings we slew along the way, and I was glad to be rid of them. Our wolves fed well.

I climbed the pass and at the top looked down on my domain, the land of Khand. I knew it was a land of wild raiders, brigands, man-filth who had become unruly since the days of Sauron. I would tame them soon enough. Dry, almost a desert land, the heat seemed to ripple off the plains. The lads filled their jerry-cans from the stream that crashed down from the summits to meander to nothing in flatlands below.

At the narrowest part of the pass was a gorge. Within I met the captain of the guard of the South of Mordor. Two huge cave trolls chained and shackled he gave me, and then his snooping little goblins led us down by night. At the foot of the pass were further caves, and here we led the trolls. No point in turning them into statues, my lads laughed in high spirits now. Burrowed into a great stone foothill these caves were, just by were the path to Mordor emerged, down to the dark places of the Earth. The fast dark stream bounded it to the east and then turn south.

'Here, we build our tower! You maggots will have to work, if you know the meaning of the word. But don't worry my lads, what do think these brutes are for? We don't want you worms breaking yer fingernails!'

Work began.

While at all times a part of my force toiled with the trolls to build the Fortress of Khand, at other times some part were busy elsewhere.

My most daring, and cunning boys I taught the secret arts of the silent kill.

And the wild men of the plains of Khand we subdued, and began to bond them into the force that Sauron once knew. For the new Dark Lord may need them to, and He will not be disappointed. Savage horsemen they are, fearless. They will rival the strawheads of Rohan.

It goes well, my fine friends. Great is the force arising in Khand. Strong and loyal to He That Does Not Sleep. We long for the day we may cross the Poros, and the Great River. Those that would help me in mustering forces for Darkness, or would seek aid, PM me, or post to this thread. I have need of dark magic. And there is much to do

Last edited:

Khamul

Anti-Conscience of TTF
Reaction score
Drygo suddenly appears from behind a corner and he see animosity toward him. He then pulls out a document with the mark of the new Dark Lord. The document showed that he was commission to work here. And should be given a good measure of authority in battle against men and others similiar to his race. He brings with him 650 men who are all of one of the more hardy races of men.

He sees all and knows much work is to be done. He directs his men to help a group of smaller orcs trying to lift a huge battering ram. And then goes off to meet Snaga, uruk of Mordor, in a private meeting to discuss the plans and purposes of what is being accomplished.

Snaga

The Usual Suspect
Reaction score
Snaga welcomes Drygo. Greatness awaits!

Together they enter a completed wing of the already mighty fortress, its shadow looming ever longer across the dry lands. They disappear into a great hall, to prepare the future, and discuss the gathering of mighty forces.

Slowly, dark lines of wains bearing tribute roll in endless formation from the south and east...

Snaga

The Usual Suspect
Reaction score
Time passes, the sunsets and the land darkens.

Out of their deep pits the cave trolls pound, and work tirelessly. Hewing the living rock, and carrying huge blocks to where the towers spiralled ever higher. As black as the sky seemed when all was at its darkest in the night, did an inky shadow seem to fly from the north? A harsh scream tore the sky, did even the great trolls stop as if in fear for a moment? 'A message!' the orcs growled. 'Orders come from Mordor!'

As the blackness smeared to a deep grey, hinting dawn, Snaga and Drygo emerge, talking as friends. Snaga's long arm round his shoulders, roughly. 'You are in the service of the Dark Lord now' he leered, fangs gleaming.

They walked down to the great encampment of the horsemen of Khand. The trolls returned to their dark holes, led by orc soldiers talking harshly, in the Black Speech. Dawn broke, and as it did Snaga grasped a brazen trumpet and blew a harsh note that rent the sky.

All around the horsemen of Khand awakened, emerging from their tents and bivouacs. 'Behold, my fine men of the South!' he yelled. 'Here is Lord Drygo. I name him your captain. Do his bidding, and rich reward shall be yours. But remember your children who you leave in my tender care at home when you ride to the foreign fields to the North. I know how to reward traitors as well as staunch friends!' He laughed evilly for a moment. Then looking darkly: 'A man shall be the master of you horsemen of the desert - you will like it better that way! Riches and reknown will be yours, and I have chosen Lord Drygo to lead you to it. Prepare to ride!'

Khamul

Anti-Conscience of TTF
Reaction score
The wild-men shout in anticipation of triumph. They can see that the time is ripe and the dark forces have grown much stronger with the addition of a new Lord. Drygo immediately silences them and hoarsely yells the next one who talks without leave will be dead on the spot. One man immediately chuckles and an arrow is through his chest before he gets another breath. The man murmer amoungst themselves and prepare to ride knowing the new terror of Lord Drygo.

Khamul

Anti-Conscience of TTF
Reaction score
As they travel through the barren wasteland at break neck speed, even the orcs marvel at the endurance of their leader, who has riden for 5 days and nights, without tiring.

They reach a small village where small children are running inside for fear of the many orcs, and men that they see. One orc tries to go and steal a small girl. Drygo says to him, "Does your appetite not wain, O foul orc." We need not bring enemies on our flank. The orc tries to respond, but 5 arrows are fired into his chest. Drygo turns around and sees, 4 men with great crossbows like his own. "You shall serve me well." Now we know who is loyal to me. I see all and know that still a few doubt me, I know your names and your tents. You will be dead by tomorrow.

Khamul

Anti-Conscience of TTF
Reaction score
The men and orcs wake up only to find many of their comrades dead or being fed to wild animals. They shutter in disbelief at the acts. A few are outraged, but quickly silence themselves when Drygo walks by. But, to no avail, Drygo who has remarkable hearing immediately notches an arrow to his bow and prepares to fire. The man drops to his knees and begs for his life. Drygo, with a small smirk on his face, helps pick him up and calmy asks. "You filthy wimp, you dont deserve to be with us. You are too weak. Go join the halfings, what you have in size you make up in your measly courage." Run, or you wont need to. He gets up and starts to run. Drygo immediately shoots him with his bow. When asked why, Drygo simply laughs and says, he didnt wait for my permission.

He shouts to the men, "NOW WE RIDE!!"

Cygnus

Wandering Bassist
Reaction score
ooc: if it has something to do with the Dark Legion, you MAY NOT attack anyone unless the Dark Lord says so. For our job is to do our masters biddings.

*Ciryaher sez: They can have the story any way they like, it doesn't have to tie in with the actual 'RP' that dominates the Forum.*

Last edited by a moderator:

Khamul

Anti-Conscience of TTF
Reaction score
Yes we are part of the Dark Legion and we have no orders to attack, just to make our presence known. We will rob no one, and will kill none outside of our own who have rebelled. We have only killed inferior members of our troops.

Snaga

The Usual Suspect
Reaction score
ooc - Don't worry Dengen is well informed. Consider this to be some innocuous troop movements!

At some point this will spin into a proper RPG, which will tie in to the overall RP, but just now this is some backstory while I work out what this the RPG will be. I'll PM Ciryaher when the time comes. The overall thought is, there are lots of good guys in RPGs so the dark forces ought to get to have some fun too! If you want to know more, you'll have to ask nicely... in character!

Snaga

The Usual Suspect
Reaction score
Out into the harsh lands a small bands of orcs go, each with a Khand man tracker leading them. Across barren plains, into uncharted hills bleak with scorched grass, and sandy rock. Many days they are gone.

Yet they return, and with them they carry cages, each with a vulture vast and callous. Dry and dreadful they scream, scratching their claws against their confines.

Snaga comes forth and meets them. 'Very good, my lads, very good.' he leers. 'I knew this task was not beyond your wit. Go below and eat meat. Tomorrow, training begins for our winged friends.'

Khamul

Anti-Conscience of TTF
Reaction score
Drygo leads his men over the barren wasteland, they arrive at a cliff that seems to stop the men. Drygo then sees what the potential of this cliff and cave combination will provide. He shouts to his men, SET UP CAMP. They unpack, and Drygo begins to make his new fortress, Minas Dúr-Naur.

He begins to use his pyromacer abilities to make it a more lovely looking abode. Just for fun, he pushes a weaker orc into a blazing fire that just begun. He laughs cruelly, and begins to work. We have much labor ahead of us. Enjoy your rest now, you will need it.

Last edited:

Tarien

Patron of Oboists
Reaction score
(Bio on page 8)

A Elf walks into camp. At sight of her, the orcs draw steel. In a single motion, though, she slays the closest to her faster than the eye could see.

"That is the welcome I recieve from my kin?" she asks scornfully. " I have come to join you, and you would do well to accept my offer." In her voice is cloaked majesty, might, and malice. She re-sheathes her black blade, and it's pale light ceases to illuminate her. Now completely shadowed, the sable-cloaked Elf is a wraith of fear.
"You would do well indeed."
One orc looks doubtful, and is slain instantly by the visitor, whose Elven vision leaves her in no doubt of his thoughts.
"By both I and the one you call master."

Last edited:

Snaga

The Usual Suspect
Reaction score
ooc - Hi Tarien, wow that's quite an entrance. I'm not sure what Drygo would have made of an elf popping up and attacking his troops like that! But... and this is really my fault for not posting something to this effect... the story has moved on now, so don't worry.

OK its like this. If you look at RPG 35 Despair!, you will see that Snaga and Drygo have met up, and started their journey north into Ithilien on a quest of evil. There is an opposing company of good guys RPG 35A Hope?, although at present the link between the two is hidden.

If you want to join Snaga and Drygo, have a read of the Despair! thread and post yourself in. I think it might be for the best if you avoid slaughtering too many orcs when you join, since we've only taken a few with us!:)

Snaga

The Usual Suspect
Reaction score
It came to pass that after the passage northwards of the company of Drygo and Snaga, that by order of Lord Dengen-Goroth, the men of Maherg fortress, at the crossing of the Poros barred the way with a great barrier across the road and suffered none to pass.

At the Tower of Khand, and the Maherg fortress, the dark forces began training as never before...

Khamul

Anti-Conscience of TTF
Reaction score
OOC: the fortress's new name is Minas Dúr-Naur

Snaga

The Usual Suspect
Reaction score
ooc - Hmmm Minas = Tower, Dur = Dark?, Naur = Fire? Tower of Dark Fire - or perhaps in the common tongue 'Tower of the Pyromancer'. Maybe I should enrol in the guild of linguistics!:D

Snaga

The Usual Suspect
Reaction score
Then I will call it 'Lug-burzghash'

Thread suggestions