🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

About Elves age

#1ArcherLegolas

FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE
Reaction score
i just want to know how an elf dies because they're immortal also i think the world would get pretty boring after 3000 years don't you guys????

Tarien

Patron of Oboists
Reaction score
Elves do not die until the world ends. Yet they can 'die', or rather have their physical forms destroyed, due to saddness, wearyness of the world, or injuries.

Kyrè

Dead and Gone
Reaction score
how would you know beleg, you're mortal...

I am half mortal, half elven- I will live for a LONG time, but i will eventually die... :( :( ;)

Niniel

Random Quoter
Reaction score
Yes, I never heard of Elves having their physical forms destroyed by weariness of the world, or sadness. I thought that if they were weary they could go over the Sea to the West, and that they continued living there. And what is supposed to happen to them if they die in battle? I never really understood that, maybe someone else knows?

Tarien

Patron of Oboists
Reaction score
If they die, they go to the Halls of Mandos, where they await judgement. After they pass it, they are allowed to roam Valinor, but seldom return. The only cases I can think of of a dead Elf returning are Glorfindel, and Luthien. But Luthien was a different matter.

Tarien

Patron of Oboists
Reaction score
Beleg? Of course you're an Elf! As in Naur i Hurin, or Turin, or something like that. Anyway, it's the first chapter of the Unfinished Tales.

Lantarion

no house
Reaction score
Uh.. sorry, but that's Narn i Hîn Húrin*, and it's the second chapter, but still! :D

*'Story of the Children of Húrin'

Thread suggestions