ACTIVE RPG-ers

Discussion in 'Council of the Wise' started by Seregon, May 3, 2007.

1. Seregon

Seregon To wherever it may lead..

Student
    Okay... our last post in here was about three weeks ago. So, out of curiosity, who here is an ACTIVE member willing to RPG - this means you're able to get/willing to get/are already getting - on here at least once a week. Anyone? If we get some people here, maybe we can toss around an idea for a new RPG with a good plot, and active members.

2. Ichigo

Ichigo soul reaper on a mission

shooting chickens out of a cannon at airplanes
    ... in a land of short dwarfish... MONKEYS
    i'll defiantely be there

3. elfgirl

elfgirl Elfyevai Avari

Writer, and PROUD OF IT!
    In a magical land of pixies and fairy dust and can
    Home Page:
    http://
    Count me in!

4. Rosalee LuAnn

Rosalee LuAnn Tablespoon

Existing. It can be difficult at times.
    right here on this very spot, where else? :D
    Home Page:
    http://www.geocities.com/bibliophageSLB/
    I could manage once a week or more, especially now that summer is approaching. Part of the reason I post as rarely as I do is that nobody else posts very often either. I check every now and then, but if nobody has posted in the threads I participate in, I don't bother to post either.

It seems, however, that I'm not the only person checking/wishing for more postage. Four people have stopped by here in the last five-six hours, which isn't a ton of people I admit, but it's certainly more than no-one.

5. YayGollum

YayGollum Conscience of TTF

Unit secretary, ward clerk, health unit coordinato
    Columbia, South Carolina, the United States of Nor
    I am always here and was wondering where you people went. Looks like most of the others who were in on my The Stumbling Of Man Upon The Uttermost West story are too infrequent to be relied upon (Whoops, to any who read this and have your typically wonderful excuses :rolleyes: ) wouldn't interest you humans. I still have plenty of ideas for R. P. G. type things, but I am certain that I wouldn't create a thread like this if I didn't have a good idea ready. What's your idea, Seregon person?

6. Seregon

Student
    Well, one thing I've been trying to come to terms with about my writing is the fact that I'm WONDERFUL with characters... absolutely teriffic... but my plots... meh. Even if I provided the plot, I would definitely not be the threadmaster (I have problems with open-endedness, which is wonderful only if you're RPGing with people who have the same problem).

My favorite idea so far is a group of people (good and bad - enemies and friends) who were rounded up by a group of men (evil... Easterlings, I think). In the middle of a forest, they manage to overwhelm the guards, but then there's the problem of where are they and will they be able to put up with each other long enough to survive their journey through it. Then of course, the little things that start popping up in the middle and after their journey.

Anyone who's the threadmaster can use my ideas for expansion or create their own. It's very open-ended, it allows for all types of characters, and the setting isn't really solid so you can have evil, gargantuan spiders or orcs or mountains or even dragons! Or anything else, really! Lol. I have to admit, out of the RPGs I've been in (three), I like Yay as a threadmaster.

7. YayGollum

I thank you, of course, but, even though I've made several R. P. G. things, they always dissolve. Mayhaps I am an amazing threadmaster (as you call it) and have just had lots of bad luck. But oh well. I shall most likely continue to attempt stories. As to your idea, yes, it is achingly open-ended. I muchly enjoy attempting to focus such ideas.

For an instance, this idea sounds a lot like a story that I made not too long ago. It was called ---> The Aftermath Of The War Of Wrath (A Rhyming Story) and was about a bunch of random beings who found themselves stranded on the bits of land that were left after the Valar types showed up and beat poor Mel up. I wished for popularly seen as good and evil types to have to work together to survive long enough to get back to what was left of Middle Earth, where they would most likely wish to kill each other or part peacefully after learning a bit about another kind.

I could find and resurrect that old thread, since it didn't get very far, or we could start a new one, if you people would be more comfortable with working in the East, which nobody seems to know much about. In my version, there would probably have been a large focus on personalities and how they'd clash or mesh, plenty of fights between some who couldn't agree, especially when one sort would find more of their fellows to overwhelm the others, maybe some sea monsters or Mel beasties that everyone wouldn't mind teaming up against, lots of problems with mere survival.

In your version, much of the same could happen. It looks like many are large fans of working in the Third and Fourth Ages, when the most familiar stuff happened, so my War Of Wrath allusion could turn some off. It isn't as if anyone would need to be a huge expert on First or Second Age stuffs, though, since it'd be all about the personalities. Also, in your version, we would have to figure out why these beings have been captured by a bunch of Easterlings.

8. Seregon

Student
    I would prefer starting over - restarting an existing story has, to my knowledge, not been done successfully in any type of RPG setting. But I do like your idea, so long as the landscape wouldn't be like, totally barren (that was how I always pictured the east... like a desert everywhere). Going through various landscapes gives different characters advantages at different points, and makes the character face the inevitable question: "I can kill them all, but should I?" I kinda like that.

9. Majimaune

Majimaune No face, no name

Being evil
    Home Page:
    http://www.myspace.com/majimaune
    Well I haven't been in the RPG section for a while but am looking to come back in except the hasn't been a new one that I have noticed recently that I want to join (actually I haven't noticed one at all) so I am interested. Now I start talking about RPGs I want one to start right now.

Also I am open for any idea really (except on that people are playing existing characters created by someone else. Someone tried to get me into one of those somewhere else and I refused). But yeah I will join almost anything.

10. YayGollum

Cool. Well, I wrote at this Seregon person on one of those creepy IM things, and we came up with several ideas. As far as I know, he should be making a story and O. O. C. thread soon. It looks to be set in the far east, which nobody really knows much about, so there will be room for all kinds of freedom when it comes to environmental hazards or monsters and beasties. Each of the characters joining will have been captured by Easterlings who are currently obsessed with gathering as many beings as possible for some large sacrifice demanded by their priests.

But! ---> On some trails where many bands of Easterlings are converging and very close to the site of the upcoming ceremony, the characters will escape. That's where the story will start. Lots of room for showing off personalities in the way they escape. After that, they will have no idea where they are and will have to team up to survive. Zealous Easterlings will be after them, monsters and beasties can be encountered in random settings, they'll have to stumble through little towns and hope not to get caught.

None of the characters can know much about these lands. We're looking for many races and groups, so that it won't just be a bunch of good guys trying to get back home. I'll be playing an Orc and a Warg, at least. Lots of personality conflicts but enough outside dangers to keep the group together for safety.

11. Majimaune

Being evil
    Home Page:
    Interesting story. Well let me know when there is the O.O.C. thread.

12. YayGollum

13. yhwh1st

yhwh1st Call me Meg :)

Job Coach/Job Developer for people with developmen
    I'm not very good at starting RPG's (kinda like any college papers. hmmm...I think there might be a connection there...) ;) I'd like to join but it would help if I had a better idea as to where this is going. Who's starting the RP?

14. Seregon

Student
    Technically, Yay is posting the threads since I can't. There's a link right above your post to the OOC thread.

15. chrysophalax

chrysophalax Dragon of Note

Home Page:
    http://
    Am here, as always. Sorry, Yay, but surgery has delayed me. Count me in!

16. Rosalee LuAnn

Rosalee LuAnn Tablespoon

Existing. It can be difficult at times.
    right here on this very spot, where else? :D
    Home Page:
    http://www.geocities.com/bibliophageSLB/
    I'm in too, though I don't want to be one of the dominating characters, if you know what I mean. I think it's time to resurrect Rosaline...

17. Daranavo

Daranavo Hopeless Romantic

Engineering Designer
    Home Page:
    http://z3.invisionfree.com/Snowhawk/index.php?act=idx
    *gives a silent bow*

18. Seregon

Student
    Alright, people. Those who wish to join - just put your profiles in the OOC thread that Yay posted the link to. Once everyone's posted there... let's say by... Monday the 14th, no later (otherwise are you really active? It is more than a week since that thread was posted.), we'll get started.

19. Majimaune

Being evil
    Home Page:
    I was gonna say something now I forgot. Ummmmm... Nope not coming back to me.

I will say this though. DONT DROP OUT OF RPG'S IT IS NO FUN WHEN PEOPLE DO!!!

Also I just read your signature Sere while listening to a Weird Al song.

20. yhwh1st

yhwh1st Call me Meg :)

Job Coach/Job Developer for people with developmen
    Don't worry. If I leave, I kill myself off. And if I don't, well, y'all are more than welcome to do that for me. But I won't though.:D There. I said it.:rolleyes: