🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

An idea.

Would 6 films be a good idea?

• Exceptional Idea

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Not good, not bad.

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Terrible Idea

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Leave me alone, I don't care!

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

Mad Adski

Reaction score
Would you prefur it if 6 films had been made, each one relating to each book within the trilogy.
i.e. FotR contains Book 1 and 2?

Mad Adski

Mad Adski

Reaction score
Attack of the Kligons would be the best one!

And then some pigs might sprout wings and fly the Alantic!

Mad Adski

WARDNINE

Reaction score
If you haven't visited www.modernhumorist.com lately, you must. Plenty of LOTR junk, like 'Frodo Baggins Sing-a-Long Hour'. Download the thing entitled "Good Lord of the Rings! Is this the new trailer??" You won't be disappointed.
It has a very dramatic finish, with the music from 'Carmina Burana'. It goes to a dark screen and the following appear one after the other...
"Fellowship of the Ring", December 2001
"The Two Towers", December 2001
"The Third One", December 2002
"Lord of the Rings, Episode One: The Hobbit"
"Fellowship of the Ring: Special Edition"
"Dude, Where's My Ring?"
"Bilbo Brokovich"
And many, many more. (I think it ends with something ludicrous that's "Coming Haunakkah 2016"...
Pretty cute...

Merlin

five steps from madness
Reaction score
I think they should have made a 10 film series of 1 hour each just like "Band of Brothers". That way people wouldn't have complained about not having an ending. I have no problem with 3 films but this idea would have appealed more to the bandwagon fans because they would have known in advanced that this was a long story.

Mad Adski

Reaction score
In speaking to many non-fans of Tolkien, they've complained about the lack of closure, but it seems to me that the Empire Strikes Back, by far the best Star Wars film, has a similar ending, so I think that people are maybe expecting something that they won't get. To be honest, I like the way FotR ended.

As for the humour. Nice. We need more...
Lots more...

Mad Adski

AngelElf

Reaction score
Speaking of people who did not know that the movie was the first of a trilogy.
At the end of the movie that I was seeing a very large man jumped up and Screamed "NOOOOOOO". I really wanted to yell at him to READ THE BOOKS but I controlled the impulse.

B

Bandgeek

You must have read my mind. This is what I have been saying all along. It would solve a lot of problems. #1-You could follow the book a lot more closely because each movie could still be 2 1/2 to 3 hours long and people would still watch it. And since six years is a long time to wait for moves-two a year. Wa-la. Anyways, looks like we'll just have to deal with movies that don't follow the book that nicely...

bandgeek

Thread suggestions