🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Anybody recognize this?

PRH

Reaction score
I extracted this picture from the first full trailer ("Legend tells of a Ring..."). It's at about 1:26. Notice that Boromir has his elf cloak and brooch. I don't think this made the final cut. Possibly a DVD scene? Anybody recognize it?

Attachments

H

Harad

I did not see it either. I am trying to imagine what it could be expressing:

Maybe a scene during Rivendell to Moria when they are camping. Boromir looks longingly at Frodo, and Aragorn keeps guard?

PRH

Reaction score
It's gotta be after Lothlorien (cloak and brooch).

H

Harad

"cloak and brooch"?
Not in my web browser..maybe in the original jpg?

If thats true, then the same scenario would hold between Lorien and Parth Galen. But did they camp between the two? In the book it took 10 days. In the movie the compression was that no days elapsed. Maybe that scene was at Sarn Gebir?

PRH

Reaction score
Originally posted by Harad
"cloak and brooch"?
Not in my web browser..maybe in the original jpg?
It's there, but it's hard to see in the still. Watch the trailer if you have it, it's pretty obvious in motion.

Originally posted by Harad
If thats true, then the same scenario would hold between Lorien and Parth Galen. But did they camp between the two? In the book it took 10 days. In the movie the compression was that no days elapsed. Maybe that scene was at Sarn Gebir?
It's a mystery.

Snaga

The Usual Suspect
Reaction score
It looks like it could be the start of the Boromir and Aragorn talking about Minas Tirith scene from Lothlorien. Maybe?

PRH

Reaction score
It can't be before they leave Lorien - Boromir has his elf cloak and brooch. It's gotta be a cut scene of some sort.

PRH

Reaction score
Eonwe,
Originally posted by PRH
It can't be before they leave Lorien - Boromir has his elf cloak and brooch. It's gotta be a cut scene of some sort.

Eonwe

Upper Class Twit
Reaction score
you must have a helluva pair of reading glasses :)

PRH

Reaction score
Eonwe,
Originally posted by PRH
It's there, but it's hard to see in the still. Watch the trailer if you have it, it's pretty obvious in motion.
1:26 in the "Legend tells of a Ring..." trailer.

PRH

Reaction score
I don't know HOW many times I have to point out the elf cloak and brooch!

No, this was not part of the Lorien scene between Boromir and Aragorn. Boromir was not wearing a cloak in that scene.

I think we can rest assured that this was some sort of cut scene. It was NOT in the theaterical version of the movie.

I think the most confusing thing is that this happens at night. I bet that this was actually a day-time scene and they did a day-for-night tranformation to make it match the Moria stuff for the trailer. We've seen them do this for commercials already (Saruman atop Orthanc controlling the storm appeared as night-time in a commercial).

Nevertheless, it was cut.

EverEve

Back from a long hiatus
Reaction score
I think you are right. I have seen the movie enough times, and I would probably recognize it. But, I am also the one that cant usually place pictures to the scenes in the movie, so you know, I could be wrong.....

Shadowfax

Wandering Artisianette
Reaction score
the Willamette Valley in Oregon, USA- the mudskipp
Originally posted by Mina Pitcher
Now that ive seen the film AGAIN i think its at Lothlorien, yep definately, before one of the worst quotes in the whole fim:

"He looks to me to make thing right"

I am sorry, this is kinda off the subject, but I think that is one of the best quotes in the film. It shows how much pressure Boromir is under from his father to suceed. It adds depth to his character, and shows he is not just some theiving psycho. It makes it all the more moving when he dies, and you realize the anguish he is going through for trying to take the ring, not being able to save M&P, and failing to come through for his father. But that is just my opinion, and that's why they have different quotes for different people.;)

R

Rohansangel

I've never seen it before. Probably a DVD thing.

~The Angel of Rohan

Thread suggestions