🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Aragon rocks

A

Aragon

I love Aragorn
He is the best, how can you not like him
He bares the sword of Elendil and is King of Gondor
He is the one that saved Frodo's life
He is a true and worthy warrior
He should have been the ring bearer

EDIT: Multiple spelling...

Last edited by a moderator:

Talierin

Still here... sometimes
Reaction score
Hmmm, I like Faramir better, but let's not compare the two.

Did you think of what would have happened if Aragorn was the ringbearer? He would have become the same as what Galadriel would have become. A good, handsome king, but terrible. Uh, gives me shudders to think of it.

Kementari

Lady Writer
Reaction score
I voted for Aragorn!

" In that hour I looked on Aragorn and saw how great and terrible a Lord he might have become in the stength of his will, had he taken the Ring to himself. Not for naught does Mordor fear him. But nobler is his sprit than the understanding of Sauron; for is he not of the Children of Luthien?..." Legolas- RotK

Iluvatar

Reaction score
To suggest that Aragorn should have been the ringbearer indicates a fundamental misunderstanding of the point of the book. The Ring had to be carried by a relatively powerless individual who was capable of suppressing any dreams of grandeur (note Sam's near failure) in order to avoid just the disaster that Talierin pointed out.

That being said, I agree that Aragorn rocks. :)

G

Gimli

Hello

I think Aragorn's kewl. I mean: he has an unbrakeable sword and he is the lord of Gondor. Who wouldn't want to be him.:cool:

Edit: Multiple spelling and grammar...

Attachments

whiterider

Reaction score
to tell the truth he doesn't look the best in that pic :D .but all the same aragorn rocks

R

ReadWryt

I actually LIKE Aragorn, though he is not my favorite character. Mostly on this forum I like to pick on him to get people riled up...since nobody really bit when I commented that Frodo failed his quest, I guess Aragorn will continue to be my favorite target for cracking wise about..him and that beat up old sword.

Eeep! That picture...he looks like he ate some bad Cram!!

G

Grelvik

I like Aragorn, but in the 13 episode audio version, in Bree and for a time afterward, he certainly seemed to need to Lighten Up a Bit.
Though in the books I did not "hear" him speak
the same way as the audio. The best character
in the audio version (BBC I believe?) was Gandalf -- perfect match and a class act. Interesting enough, Ian Holm played Frodo in the audio version. I have a soft spot for Pippin, though.
Curiosity of a cat and 9 lives too. He always evoked Gandalf's funniest lines!

Grelvik

Melian

Maia Queen
Reaction score
But he has no taste for women!Arwen is 2690 years older,really vain and rather exquisite in manners!:D

Greymantle

Reaction score
Heh, and you can spell it, unlike the starter of this thread! Aragon is a region in Spain, I believe...

C

Chippy

lol!!!!!!!

i thought i was the only one who picked up that mistake

Thread suggestions