🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Aragorn vs. Legolas

In the movie who is better, Aragorn or Legolas?

• Aragorn

Votes: 27 52.9%
  • Legolas

Votes: 24 47.1%

• Total voters

Urylia

so so lonely
Reaction score
This is part of an ongoing dispute between myslef and my good friend.
In the movie, who is better (looking, skills, fighting styles, etc.) Aragorn or Legolas?

F

Faramir Lover

Legolas

Even though he has a small role on the movie. (and in the book too). Orlando Bloom did a very nice job. He captured the wiseness and all the characteristics Tolkien elves should have.

And of course he wins in the looks!! OMG hes georgeous!! And in fighting abilities too. Good Archers are very hard to find.

Besides, IMO, Vigo Mortessen was the weakest link of the full cast when it comes to acting.

EverEve

Back from a long hiatus
Reaction score
even though i thought orlando bloom did a great job (and hes hot)i think that viggo mortensen did a better job. he demonstrated great skill in his fighting and acting. both actors are excellent, but something about the way mortensen played his character caught my attention more than bloom did.

Greenleaf

Of the Sacried wood
Reaction score
Originally posted by EverEve
even though i thought orlando bloom did a great job (and hes hot)i think that viggo mortensen did a better job. he demonstrated great skill in his fighting and acting. both actors are excellent, but something about the way mortensen played his character caught my attention more than bloom did.
Same here, I mean yah Orlando Bloom caught my eye, but Viggo Mortensen did a much better job. And in the movie he had more depth

Woo

3rd lieutenant of Melkor
Reaction score
I felt that Legolas well looked like a Legolas.
Aragorn nice performance but I think he looked too young and I do not judge men but he was too handsome for Aragorn, what happened to look foul but feel fair?
Boromir was good but not built enough, I always imagined him to be the size of Arnold Schzenegger in Conan the Barbarian.
Now thats a Boromir!!
Elrond was terrible, I kept thinking when he said "U HAVE ONLY ONE CHOICE" that he was going to say Mr Anderson (Matrix).
Gandalf was excellent Flawless almost but his clothes so unrealistic in a Middle Earth sense. What I mean is he seemed to always wear just the robes he was wearing with no cloak to keep him warm.
Just my opinion I know ive gone slightly off point but thats just the way it is!
:D

V

Vinyamarien

Originally posted by UngattTrunn475
I voted Legalos because he was almost exactly as I pictured him.
But he's a wood elf, isn't he? I always thought he should have brown or light brown hair and brown or green eyes...
However, I think Mr. Bloom did a great job!

EverEve

Back from a long hiatus
Reaction score
in looks, with me legolas wins. but as far as acting, while both did a great job, viggo mortensen managed to act as aragorn better than orli acted as legolas. with aragorn, you could really tell that he was a great man whose nobleness was underrated. i didnt see to much depth to orli's character, although i'll be the first to admit that aragorn was more deeply developed in the story,

L

LuvLegolas

Legolas, of course...my name says it all!

So, since female elves could fall for Men, then male elves could possibly for a Woman, hmmmm?

sigh

zeuqirne

Reaction score
Originally posted by Greenleaf

But what about Aragorn was he how you pictured him?
sorry to disappoint u but Aragorn was not how i pictured him before i saw the movie.... i thought he was so very handsome in the book but i found out that in the movie he wasn't that handsome..... legolas is the best!!!!!

Thread suggestions