🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

At the end shold the dwarves,elves,hobbits and....

In the end should the Dwarves,Elves,Hobbits,and....

• NO...Why did the had to dissapear¡¡¡¡

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • I dont care..its all the same...

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Yes...

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

Meliaiel

Reaction score
i voted NOOOOO!!!but on the other hand...if Tolkien would have let all the magic creatures stay in ME,it would obviously have been a fairy tale,a story,well something not real.and now when we know that Elves,Dwarves,Hobbits etc. left ME when the Third Age ended,and that since then only Men race was left,we can imagine that we come from those Men.that ME history is actually our history...yes it's just dreaming but at least we can have a little reason for that...i know it's crazy,but what can i do??:)

ssgrif

Sheppard of the forest
Reaction score
Lofty place a few days walk from Amon Sul
I had to vote "NO..." as I like the idea that Tolkien had the idea of his books linking into our own history in some way. The history of ME as OUR own history is much more interesting and colourful than what we have to look back on as our real history....

Dont get me wrong, I like hearing about Anglo-Saxons, Normans the Roman empire and the like, but Elves, Dwarves Hobbits and Wizards are much more interesting!

childoferu

Reaction score
A most definite YES, if you fully understand Tolkien's work, you realize emphatically that everything that has a beginning has an end

Thread suggestions