🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Attachment sizes and post word limits

¤-Elessar-¤

Telcontar II
Reaction score
Okay, I have a few things to say. First off, someone has been messing around with the attachment size limitations. One map I posted a few weeks ago will no longer upload because it is too big...and I mean really- isn't 250 kb fairly small? And another thing, Word limits for posts are really annoying, some people just like to write alot, and they end up having to make 3 or 4 posts in a row to put in the full story.
I would just like to know whatever reason is behind these rules, and try to counter it if at all possible.

Beorn

In the shadows
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I've noticed the attachment size went down...it was 400KB, now it's 256KB....

However, the post char count is 10,000 chars...which is a lot to fill...anyway, the PM char count is what bothers me (and I know it's already up from 1024)

Talierin

Still here... sometimes
Reaction score
Having the attachment size cut down had to do with when the board was down for six hours. Someone had posted an attachment of a few seconds of tt footage, and too many people were dling it, or so I heard through the grapevine......

Eomer Dinmention

The Asian Lord
Reaction score
oh ok.

Yeah expeciallys in PMs when your typing it only allouds something like 2048 characters in your PM.

So i had to either cut it down or send 2 more PMS

Thread suggestions