What's new
The Tolkien Forum

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Basement of the Inn

Mablung

aka Mablung
Reaction score
Maegelen opened the thick lock with an iron key and propped the door open. He knew that only the people who were involved with him were inside the Inn at this hour, and this was to be their new meeting hall. The door lead to a set of stair which lead into a basement. The basement was large, cold, and dank made almost exclusivly of granite. Upon the walls next to the torches were all manner of exotic weapons with dummies and targets painted on the wooden boards against the walls. There were also chairs scattered in various places around the room. Maeg took one of these chairs and waited for someone to venture down here.

ooc: This is a new section that goes along with out new history. Here we will find out more about your character militarily, and we will also learn new forms of fighting with different weapons as mentioned on the walls.

Mablung

aka Mablung
Reaction score
Maegelen took one of the larger weapons off of the wall. He turned it over in his hands examining its lines in the fire light. When he showed what he was holding to those present it looked like a simple staff. He saw the puzzled looks from those present as they had been promised an exotic weapon demonstration. "Observe" He turned to one of the wooden targets and executed some simple staff manuevers but while he was brining the staff up a soft twang and thunk were heard as he used a hidden lever to release a small knife from the bottom of the staff and hit the target. They were loaded into the top of the staff like arrows in a cross bow, then they were released with a simple switch that removed a blocking mechanism in the bottom of the staff then the momentum of the staff strike propelled the knife to its destination. "Anyone want to give it a try? It is harder than it looks."

T

The_Swordmaster

Grandlyon walked up to Maegelen and said to him.

"I think I will try this staff thing out. Does this thing have a name Maegelen or should I call it thing?"

Grandlyon then grabbed the staff thing and waited for Maegelen's response to his question.

Mablung

aka Mablung
Reaction score
Maegelen thought about it and shrugged. "I never really bothered to give it a name. It just is I suppose. Now everyone back away as I said the shots can go a bit wild without a lot of practice." Everyone else backed away from Grandlyon giving him the space he needed.

T

The_Swordmaster

Grandlyon walked over to the center of the room. Then the dwarf looked around at the staff looking for the lever. He looked and felt aimlessly all over the staff wondering were the secrect lever was. " There's no point to this weapon. All I nned is my axe's and my war hammer. Then I will take on any devilry that comes my way. Ohh man I better find this lever quick or I might look stupid." The dwarf thought to himself. During the madness of his search Grandlyon dropped the staff and the knife flug out because the ground hit the lever. The knife hit one of the wooden beams only inches from Maegelen's shin.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

The_Swordmaster

Grandlyon walked over to the center of the room. Then the dwarf looked around at the staff looking for the lever. He looked and felt aimlessly all over the staff wondering were the secrect lever was. " There's no point to this weapon. All I need is my axes and my war hammer. Then I will take on any devilry that comes my way. Ohh man I better find this lever quick or I might look foolish in front of the other knights. The dwarf thought to himself. During the madness of his search Grandlyon dropped the staff and the knife flug out because the ground hit the lever. The knife hit one of the wooden beams only inches from Maegelen's shin.

Mablung

aka Mablung
Reaction score
Maegelen took the knife from the post and let out a breath he was holding. "Ok then any more people want to try it or should we let him continue and just set up a barricade."

T

The_Swordmaster

Grandlyon handed Maegelen the staff. The dwarf's face was angered at his own stupidity and also disappointed at himself.

"Here. Take this staff thing. For the safty of the rest of us I will stand aside and watch the others practice this weapon."

He said out loud for everyone to here his disapointed voice. So the dwarf walked slowly to one the walls and watched on.

Mablung

aka Mablung
Reaction score
"Don't worry Grandlyon I believe I may have another weapon you could try." He put the staff down then pulled a large axe off the wall. It was long with a pair of blades on each end and perfectly size for a dwarf so it was about a foot shorter than Grandlyon was. He twisted the center of the weapon and it unlocked extending then pulled the halves together and relocked it. He gave the weapon to the dwarf. "The extra reach it can give is good for sweeping blows as it gives the enemy a bit of a suprise."

T

The_Swordmaster

Grandlyon's eyes gleamed at the axe Meagelen gave to him. The dwarf held the axe up high and walked over to the center of the room. He gave it a couple revalutions over his head then while still spinning the axe with the most controll he brought it lower almost hitting the floor. While the axe spun Grandlyon still didn't move his feet for he spun it with the upmost controll with just using his ams. Grandlyon then suddenly stopped the axe in the middle of a revalution, twisted the sfat and did some basic attack moves. After a good long time he stopped and looked at Meagelen.

"That's one special axe you have there Meagelen. If you don't mind I would like to know how to make one. For I love this stlye of axe. It was nicely crafted. Do you have the knowledge of who made it?"

The dwarf then handed the axe to Meagelen.

OOC: Mablung you should tell the guild about Middle-earth RPG.

Ruveriel

Reaction score
I would like to try this Staff. Jilivsarmar takes the staff and looks at it. then twirls it around her. then hits the bottom on the ground then throws it. the blade didn't come out.

Mablung

aka Mablung
Reaction score
Maegelen took the axe from the Dwarf. "I don't remember who smithied it, but I do remember how it works for the most part. Basically you need two axes, but forge the handles hollow. Then make a shaft that goes into each end making it one large weapon. There are some internal blockers inside the handles as well to keep the parts together and locked. You may take this one apart to figure out its workings if you wish."

He then turned to Jilivsarmar. He pointed to a spot below her hands. "You need to press right there to get the mechanism to release."

ooc: I will soon I just figured I would find out about the guild space over there first.

Ruveriel

Reaction score
ok thanks. i will try again. Jilivsarmar picks up the Staff and hits the lever then throws it.

Mablung

aka Mablung
Reaction score
Maegelen clapped his hands togethers. "Nice shot Jili now try using it as a normal staff at the same time. That is where this weapon truly becomes deadly."

ooc: Watch your capitilization and put quotes around what you say Liv so it can be distinguished from actions. Also try and go into a bit more depth so every post is at least 3 lines.

Ruveriel

Reaction score
OOC- ok will do.

IC-Jili picks up the staff and tries it like a normal staff. She presses the button, then throws the deadly staff. The staff hit the target. "Your right Maegelen, it is harded than it looks!"

Theoden_king

Man in the street
Reaction score
Thenedor steps forward out of the shadows where he had been watching the others work
"Maegelen, staffs and axes are all well and good but I am not used to such weapons, give me a sword to practice with or even a bow"

Ruveriel

Reaction score
I agree with Thenedor. Give me a sword and a bow and I am very deadly. But i still would like to learn about different ways of weapons."

T

The_Swordmaster

Grandlyon walked up to Thenedor. He said in a mysterious tone.

"Well I think the point of learning these weapons is a surprise attack. Which orc would expect to see a knife come flying out of a staff?"

He paused and waited for Thenedor's response to this.

Theoden_king

Man in the street
Reaction score
Thenedor smiled at the dwarf

"Aye you are right my good sir, but these weapons are strange to me also, I would not expect a knife to come out of a staff and I am more comfortable with familiar weponry"

Thenedor turned to Maegelen "However if you wish for us tyo at least try these new weapons I will give it a go"

Taking the staff in both hands Thenedor examines it carefully
"Where is the lever?" He asked