🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Basement of the Inn

Theoden_king

Man in the street
Reaction score
Thenedor jumped as a dagger flew from the staff just past his head "Okay I found it" he said as he glanced at the dager sticking out of the wall "Maegelen do you have anything with a little less projectory?"

Last edited:

Mablung

aka Mablung
Reaction score
"Well range is truly everything Thenedor, but if you insist I believe I do have these." He searched quickly over the walls and pulled down a pair of arm guards. He demonstrated by putting them on. A small piece of metal protruded into the palm and he stood before them. He pressed the piece of metal down and a pair of blades released from the side of the arm guards and relocked into position on either side of the fist. "Gives a nasty little suprise, but the blades have no springs or anything so you must be moving your arm quickly so they will not just hang limply."

HobbitGirl

Aurë entuluva!
Reaction score
A soft pat pat pat could be heard coming from the stairs. A few people turned to see what was making the sound. It was Ashari, the hobbit, patting down the stairs, curious about the whispers she had heard about fancy weapons. "Hello, all," she said. "So it's true what I heard about the strange weapons then?" The hobbit smiled. She eyed the gauntlets and the axe with interest, but was intruigued by the staff. Ashari sighed wistfully. "If only that staff was small enough for a hobbit," she said, fingering her own short staff.

Mablung

aka Mablung
Reaction score
Maegelen laughed and took down a smaller staff from the spot below the larger one. "You should have more faith than to believe I would forget about our little Hobbit. Its the same thing as the larger one unfortunatly you missed that demonstration. Play around with it a little bit I am sure you can find how it works without too much trouble just make sure not to face towards any of us while you use it."

HobbitGirl

Aurë entuluva!
Reaction score
Ashari's face lit up with glee as Maeg handed her the staff. "Thank you!" she said. She put her own staff in the canvas case on her back and began to finger the new staff. "How it works...?" she whispered to herself, twirling the staff in her fingers. She did a few manuvers with the staff, and as she was about to swing it to scoop the legs out from under an imaginary foe, she stopped suddenly. She had felt a small protrusion just below her right hand. It felt like a trigger of some sort, but what did it do? Ashari kept her hands away from the trigger as she studied every inch of the staff, trying to find something that the trigger would activate. Finally she saw a hole at the top of the staff, and when she studied it further, she could faintly see the glint of the end of a blade inside the hole. Her face lit up again. She gripped the staff firmly, swung it towards one of the dummies, and at the arc of her swing pressed the trigger. The blade shot out of the staff and sliced clean through the dummy's chest and hit the opposite wall with a clang. The hobbit held the staff in both hands with wonder, looking at it as a pyromaniac looks at a lit fire. "I like this!" she exclaimed.

Mablung

aka Mablung
Reaction score
Maegelen nodded as the knife sliced the dummy. "Well you can't keep it I'm afraid. Any weapons you like here stay here, but you may borrow them to make your own versions. Which I would reccomend as you are all very skilled with them."

T

The_Swordmaster

"Yes I would like to borrow that axe of yours Meagelen. I will return it soon so don't worry about it. I will return as good as new."

Said Grandlyon to Meagelen.

"Is this session of training over for now?

Said the dwarf while holding the axe up high over his head.

Theoden_king

Man in the street
Reaction score
After practicing with the guards for a while and getting a basic feel for the weapons Thenedor returns to Maegelen

"I think I will borrow these to copy but I may make adjustments to mine to suit my needs, will that be alright?"

Mablung

aka Mablung
Reaction score
Maegelen ushered them out of the basement. "Indeed indeed just bring them back in a week when we reopen for business." He then locked the door behind him dispersing everyone.

Thread suggestions