🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Birthdays

Niniel

Random Quoter
Reaction score
Today is my birthday, I'm turning 23 now. Somehow birthdays always me me kind of sad; I always feel I haven't done anything worth remembering in the past year. Like now: I'm still a student, like I was four years ago, and I'm still not much better in the things that I like to do (archery, dancing, singing), although I have practiced for several years, and I still haven't found a boyfriend :( I feel like I'm getting really old now, and soon my chance of doing all these things will be over. Stupid isn't it??? Do any of you have such feelings on your birthday, or do you just have big fun?

Legolam

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
Happy birthday Niniel! I often feel like that on my birthday, but it's never true. And you're only 23, so you're in the best part of your life right now.

It's my birthday on Wednesday and, after being really scared last year on my 19th birthday that I was getting old (stupid isn't it!), I'm looking forward to this one. This last year has been a bit like a rollercoaster, but I feel like I've actually grown up this year. So roll on being 20!! :)

menchu

Reaction score
Erm... Do I feel like that? erm... perhaps...
C'mon Niniel! Yes, that's what crosses your mind and lots of other peoples', but if you look behind, you'll see many little things to which you found a solution, and bit by bit, you have improved.
Up, up, UP!!! Doesn't seem like this, but we have a lot of time ahead. :) ;)

Niniel

Random Quoter
Reaction score
Happy birthday Legolam! I felt as if 20 was really the end of my youth... but after all you're only as old as you feel. I feel better now, and am looking forward to everything I'll be doing in the coming year!

Ramagna

...Dreamwanderer...
Reaction score
I wish you a happy birthday, Niniel, and that you always remember the good times over the bad times... :)

And you're never alone with your sorrows...
For the birthdays, I can't even remember when I had a real party, it must have been when I was a child (I'll get twenty in march), and still I'm happy... ;)

Elbereth

Star Queen of Valinor
Reaction score
Wow! Happy Birthday Niniel, Legolam and Elgee!

So many birthdays...not enough time to have a proper birthday celebration. And although I won't be here for many of them....I will be sending my best wishes from a distance in hopes that they will be the best birthday's ever!!!!

DGoeij

Pan Narran
Reaction score
Ah, 23. The number of winters that will have passed for me coming June. I remember being 19, back in the old days, when young people still respected anciennity and looked up to their elders. Christmas? Bah, humbug!...
What? Oh, I'm sorry, I got a little carried away there. Happy birthday to all aging Tweens!

DGoeij

Pan Narran
Reaction score
Originally posted by Legolam
Hey, wait till tomorrow to post all your wonderful birthday messages to me!!!! :p :D
And tomorrow we will have Elgee screaming exactly the same thing.:D

Snaga

The Usual Suspect
Reaction score
Happy Birthday Niniel, Legolam and Elgee!

OK so some of those are premature but I might not get on-line for your Birthdays.

* hopes noone notices desperate attempt to pretend he has a life *

Aulë

The Larrikin
Reaction score
*complains that he has to wait till Oct28th till his 21st BDay...*

Happy Birthday Legolam (I don't know about you, but it's Jan8th here!!!)
Happy Birthday Niniel for Sunday!
and Happy Birthday HLGStrider for tomorrow!

and btw HLGStrider,
I thought there were age restrictions for this guild :p

DGoeij

Pan Narran
Reaction score
Originally posted by Elbereth
Don't feel too bad Legolam...next month I will be halfway to 50! :eek:
OMG, we've got a Guild Granny! People who are 25 tend to have a job, a life, responsibilities and major boring parties. I'm so glad that's all 2 more years away from me.:D

Thread suggestions