🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Book of Lost Tales part 1

Finglas

Ent
Reaction score
okay, the book is really cool, but i can't concentrate, and then i get lost, then i stop reading it and forget everything and have to read it over again. so all in all, i've read the first couple chapters at least 8 times, but i'm still confused on what's going on. does anyone have suggestions on reading this book. i'm not saying it's not good, it's just hard to pay attention (and awake) while reading it. I have a very small attention span.

Niniel

Random Quoter
Reaction score
I don't really have a suggestion about that; when I read BOLT I liked the stories so much that I just read them as fast as I could. How do you read other books if you can't concentrate?

Finglas

Ent
Reaction score
i sit in a room and just read when no one is around. but lately everyone in my family is around, all the time. and i find that now that i'm in high school i have less time, especially since i'm trying to get a job

Last edited:

Turin

...Lost
Reaction score
Finglas said:
okay, the book is really cool, but i can't concentrate, and then i get lost, then i stop reading it and forget everything and have to read it over again. so all in all, i've read the first couple chapters at least 8 times, but i'm still confused on what's going on. does anyone have suggestions on reading this book. i'm not saying it's not good, it's just hard to pay attention (and awake) while reading it.
I can relate to you, its hard for me to read it, I started it a couple years ago then just dropped it and I haven't given it another try yet. I read unfinished tales instead, I find it much easier to read and to understand.

Finglas

Ent
Reaction score
well, now that we've finished finals, i thought that i'd have more time to read, but now of course, all of our semester projects are starting, so i don't exactly have a whole lot of spare time. I will try though. I'm trying to go through the history of middle earth, and i don't want to go out of order. I have horrible reading comprehension, so it takes a little bit longer. oh well, i'll try again.

Baruk Khazad!

Ara Bizal
Reaction score
its understandable, the BoLT is very difficult to read sometimes, all the names, references
it took me almost 2 months to finish it because I had to research every single reference and name, and Im ridiculous when reading

but stick with it
the BoLT 2 is MUCH better

PaigeSinclaire88

PaigeSinclaire88
Reaction score
okay, the book is really cool, but i can't concentrate, and then i get lost, then i stop reading it and forget everything and have to read it over again. so all in all, i've read the first couple chapters at least 8 times, but i'm still confused on what's going on. does anyone have suggestions on reading this book. i'm not saying it's not good, it's just hard to pay attention (and awake) while reading it. I have a very small attention span.

That's happened to me several times while I was reading that book too. I was able to finish the Simirillion but with the lost tales books I had issues paying attention and I felt bad for it because I adore Tolkein.

Thread suggestions