🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Buddy Baggins Clubhouse

Elbereth

Star Queen of Valinor
Reaction score
Elbereth passes the rundown clubhouse and notices smoke coming from the chimney. 'Could it be? Could the Clubhouse be up and running again? What timing! Just when I was getting an itching to visit old friends in a nice bar.'

Knocking on the door, Elbereth enters the old clubhouse to find Legoman and Gary lounging on a couch, Tookish sitting in a nearby chair munching on some kitkats happily...and Trouor rumaging through the bar for some Vodka and Fish to wet his whistle.

"HEY EVERYONE! It's nice to see some familiar faces! So what's going on? Hey Truor, could you find me some Elderberry wine in there while you are looking. Thanks!"

Elbereth happily sits down on plush armchair, causing a cloud of dust to fill the room...

*Cough* *Cough* "Sorry about that guys."

legoman

Humourous Bombadillian #2
Reaction score
hello elb, didn't expect to see you round here so soon after the refurbishment, you know, they had to do something after this place turned so surreal - sorry guys, I fear some of that may have been my fault...

anybody want a sardine???... I don't eat fish.

Gary Gamgee

Mr Muckle
Reaction score
Gary wakes up choughing and sees the other guys 'Hey everyone' he rasps. 'Truor is there any water over there' he says whilst inadvertantly swiping the Kit Kat out of tookish's hands and greedily gobbling.

'Ahh' he says 'That's better'

Elbereth

Star Queen of Valinor
Reaction score
"Thanks Truor." Elbereth said with a hurt and pensive look on her face.

"And Nay on the sardine Legoman...it looks a bit gamey to me. Anyway, I'm curious to know too...how did this place die down. I've been away for so long, I forget."

Elbereth takes a sip of her wine and tries her best to relax in the uncomfortable dusty armchair.

tookish-girl

Pippin's stranger sister
Reaction score
I agree, we all go can-can!

Tookish seems to recall something about a light sabre fight but knows that isn't the reason we all stopped coming here.

Actually since this is a clubhouse shouldn't we all be eating Club biscuits instead of kit-kats? I like the orange ones myself!

Can't beleive I haven't made that joke before!

legoman

Reaction score
ah, the dying down of here, I seem to recall it may have been my fault cos I scared people away by going hunting for giant walrus' and then crushing the clubhouse and building others and then eveyone just got confused and I can't remember what happened.

I wont do it again, I promise.

do we have any mint club biscuits, they're the best ones.

Elbereth

Star Queen of Valinor
Reaction score
"Perhaps we can show those brits our wholesome, down home, southern style, buttermilk biscuits! Mmmmm....I'm getting hungry already!"

Elbereth begins to daydream of baskets full of freshly baked buttermilk biscuits. Then she remembers the point of why Tookish girl brought up the biscuits in the first place...And her fantasy comes to a screeching halt.

"Actually, if I am to have anything clubbed...it would be soda. Club soda is great! And gets out stains in a jiffy too! ;) "

legoman

Reaction score
buttermilk - ick, that does not sound appetising!

try some nice ginger biscuits or something.

hehe club soda, that just doesn't work in my head, not at all. how do you drink a biscuit? silly silly...

*legoman downs a bourbon and turns towards the fireplace (I hope we have afireplace...)*

Gary Gamgee

Mr Muckle
Reaction score
'Hey legoman can I have a bourbon? Where you find that?' Gary trips over a small thing.

'Ahh Bagcrumble how I miss him. He's never deliberately set out to frightened Trour, at least I don't think so. Why if he was here he could tell if Club soda was the same as Cream soda or more like tonic water? Cream soda with a scoop of ice cream mmmhhn' Gary trips over the same small thing.

'Hang on' he thinks 'wait here' and nips out, carefully avioding the small thing, and goes next door to the conviently situated convience store. And buys goods.

'Hey' he comes back 'I got beer I got Kit Kats I got cream soda' and chucks tookish a packet of orange club and legoman a packet mint ones 'save an orange one for me tookish'. Pours himself and Elbereth a glass of cream soda with ice cream.

'Hey tookish how about a sing-song' and starts singing

'If you like alot of chocolatte on your biscuit join our club'

legoman

Reaction score
*legoman joins in at the end of the song*

'Quack!'

'Hey, Gary, here have some bourbons which have been blended into Earl Grey, it's a delicassy, its called an Earl-bourbon Soda, they're all the rage in Cornwall (the spinning county).'

*legoman pours Gary a drink out of a suspicious looking jug which appears to be steaming a form of green smoke*

'Yum!'

YayGollum

Conscience of TTF
Reaction score
Columbia, South Carolina, the United States of Nor
Truor watches the others and their craziness as he goes on a rant. "Yes, buttermilk biscuits are the best. But only when they're nice and flaky and buttery! I've never hear of the types that taste like mint. Sounds scary. I've had orange ones before, but those had lots of cheese in them. Very good. Did we get any club soda, by the way? No singing for me. Ick."

Thread suggestions