The Tolkien Forum

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Building a real Bag End ? Why not !

Ithilethiel

Reaction score
With some help from my father and uncle we made some progress.
I would have posted more pics but I don't know how to make the pictures from the phone 1 MB or smaller.
Maybe some wizard can share some knowledge...

View attachment 5867 View attachment 5866
To resize down try the app: Lit Photo

Looks like you're all doing a fab job...

boyarilie

Reaction score
Thanks for the support!
It's raining a lot these days. After the rain stops I will start working on the water insulation so I can finally put earth on the house and on its facade.

boyarilie

Reaction score
Since the weather is so bad and I cannot work on the house I decided to plant all my plants.
I planted tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers. I have saved tomatoes seeds from last year from tomatoes that tasted the best.
But the garden is so big that I must also buy some other plants from the market to fill all the empty space. I will also plant some watermelons, some beans, carrots and all sort of vegetables and whatnot.
IMG_20190427_115925.jpg
IMG_20190501_180947.jpg IMG_20190501_181004.jpg

boyarilie

Reaction score
Unfortunately, not much is happening here. Rain is screwing me constantly, I need to have at least 7 days of sunny days without rain so i can make the water insulation. No chance. At least in the next 10 days the weather forecast is the same, rain rain rain every day.
Today was an OK day for a grill with my friends. But rain is just around the corner.

IMG_20190526_191236.jpg IMG_20190526_191346.jpg

boyarilie

Reaction score
Rain is still present like somehow I've moved to London.
Anyway, finally I finished some thick oak wood and I made my bed out of it. This is the view I have from my sleeping position, I can see the church fortress.
Still lots of things to do inside but one step of a time. I hope in this lifetime I will have the funds to furnish the house inside exactly like Bag End. Until then this will be more than ok for me.
1.jpg 2.jpg

Blake

Reaction score
Would you be willing to share your architectural plans? I'd love to study them and possibly build something similar here in the US!

boyarilie

Reaction score
Unfortunately it's still raining here daily so I decided to switch to plan B regarding the waterproofing.
Also in the mean time I am taking care of my garden, the tomatoes should have been taken care of (removing leafs and other branches, don't know the English word) a long time ago. I didn't do it because I thought they still need time before this operation. I removed now like 80% of their leafs and branches, they started growing to nasty. But hey, better late than never.
Also the kale cabbage, it's the first time I've grown it, I've heard it's super healthy, can't wait to taste it in a fresh summer veggie salad.

IMG_20190621_183240 (1).jpg IMG_20190622_115203.jpg IMG_20190622_115211.jpg