🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Building a real Bag End ? Why not !

boyarilie

Reaction score
What a great garden! Was that a cuckoo clock I heard?!!
Thanks! :)
It's not a clock... it's a real cuckoo bird :)
I'm gonna teach you 2 things regarding this subject, 1) cuckoo means penis in Romanian (cucu) but in a friendly way, like saying little boy's pee-pee
2) there's a superstition that if you don't eat anything before hearing the cuckoo bird (like breakfast or lunch or whatever) in that day you are cursed to have your breath stink like hell :)) So you need to eat anything before going outside, you must not be cursed by hearing the cuckoo bird on an empty stomach :))
Hope it's not too much information :))

Miguel

Reaction score
I'm gonna teach you 2 things regarding this subject, 1) cuckoo means penis in Romanian (cucu) but in a friendly way, like saying little boy's pee-pee
2) there's a superstition that if you don't eat anything before hearing the cuckoo bird (like breakfast or lunch or whatever) in that day you are cursed to have your breath stink like hell :)) So you need to eat anything before going outside, you must not be cursed by hearing the cuckoo bird on an empty stomach :))
I knew a guy from back home who's nickname was "El Cucu", his brother tried to kill me lol.

Ithilethiel

Reaction score
I have only two things to say:
1. :eek:
2. :eek:

:p:p:p:p:p

Lych92

Always hungry!
Reaction score
I'm late to the party but sounds great! I'd love to have my own Hobbit hole too probable would have one when I retire :)

boyarilie

Reaction score
Working with earth is more difficult than I thought (when the weather is scre.ing me constantly).
All over Europe there are heat waves, here in Romania, we have London weather. Rain rain rain.

IMG_20190808_105251.jpg

boyarilie

Reaction score
The weather report was great for today, no rain, I was relocating manually earth with a wheelbarrow when all of a sudden... 😂

IMG_20190808_174238.jpg

Olorgando

Reaction score
An unbelievable thread. Just awesome. And while you're getting rain that's hindering you, the region in Germany where I live, northern Bavaria (and some regions to the north and north-east) are once again getting a bit parched (three weeks to the day that we last had rain). We'd gladly swap a bit of weather for a week or so.

Hoping you can continue building you dream smial soon! :)

Thread suggestions