🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Building a real Hobbit Hole (Earth Sheltered home)

strykerx0

Reaction score
Hello,

I've posted this previously, but thought it should go here, since it's a site that I run. Since my last post, our site has been featured in the Washington Post and a few other sites, and should be featured on a local TV station as soon as we get our land! Things are going well and we hope to have our project completed and be moved in within 1-2 years. Here's the original post:

I'm Rob Harrison, and my wife and I are in the initial phases of the grand project of building a Hobbit Hole. We intend to follow Tolkien's guidelines as closely as possible, according to the specs he laid out in the beginning of The Hobbit. Please take a look at the link below to our website and see if you think it is a worthy news item/ story to pass on to your friends, as we can use all the help we can get to make this happen!

http://www.ourhobbithole.com

Thanks!

RH

Ermundo

Bam!
Reaction score
Hey man! I heard about you on the internet and your hobbit hole! Don't you have a son man. Anyway, nice hobbit hole. Looks and feels just like how Tolkien described.

Also, to say that you would be on your local TV Station is an understatement. Heck, I heard about you on BBC!

bhammack

Reaction score
I know this forum post is pretty old but I thought you guys would like to know my wife and I are building a earth sheltered house muck like Bag End. You can check us out at ourundergroundhouse.blogspot.com

Thread suggestions