🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Chat

Why dont we add a...

• It just hurts my head thinking ´bout it..

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Yah sounds cool...maybe

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • NO!!!Are you nuts!!!

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Awesome lets add it!!!

Votes: 25 49.0%

• Total voters

Legolas_The Elf

Reaction score
Should we add a ....

Hey guys...girls also are included..DOI...Wouldn´t it be cool :cool: to add a chatting place in the Tolkien Forum¡¡¡¡???:D Write u´r ideas and VOTE:D

Elanor2

Reaction score
Not for me! I happen to have a bread to earn, a home to mind, and a companion to cuddle. The forum takes enough of my time as it is.

Khamul

Anti-Conscience of TTF
Reaction score
No, I really dont enjoy chat rooms. They make someone say things that they havent really thought about. People can easily say things that have nothing to do with LOTR. Can you imagine someone having to moderate a chat room?

Hirila

2009 - life is great
Reaction score
A chatroom would suit me very well!

It would be a great thing for those who like to talk to each other a bit quicker than via some thread or PMs. These unfortunately take some time and I at least can`t remember what I wanted to say five minutes later!

Having read ReadWryt`s post I edit this: If noone volunteers to moderate a chatroom then I think we could live very well without one.

Last edited:

Anarchist

The Eternal Champion
Reaction score
Nice idea but it would be too tough for our beloved moderators (yeah I'm good on sucking up:D ).

R

ReadWryt

Being a veteran of chat dating back to the ANSI BBS and Compuserve C.B. Simulator up through Telnet Chat and on to Web based Chat, I can assure you that the type of bother that occurs in such places with people who decide to ruin things for everyone else is a royal pain. IRC is the worst...it's all testosterone and bots in there. I have friends who moderate Chat Rooms and it's no fun, I wouldn't will that on anyone!

Khamul

Anti-Conscience of TTF
Reaction score
And I really think the subjects would get far away from Tolkien on these sites. I am sure that there are other chats dedicated to Tolkien. Except the AOL one which is basically people arguing whether or not Olando Bloom is hot........

Úlairi

Crying in the Wilderness
Reaction score
Yes, there is a chat room on another forum like this one. It is just mindless rabble where the blind lead the blind. I do not like the idea of a chat room.

elvish-queen

Isilwen Elenrohir
Reaction score
Wandering Middle Earth with my horse, Linta
Chat-site?

Just a suggestion, I don't know if its possible, but it'd be really fun to have a chatsite on the forum. Then all the useless chat (of which I am not innocent!:D ) would be cleared out of the posts and rather be in the chat. Also when you want to chat it would be quicker, rather than having to post and submit post etc.
Just a suggestion!:)

Dûndorer

Reaction score
oh, but its sooooo easy to set up chat rooms. it would be awsome if you had one on this site. i could make a home page on a free site and put a chat room on it so poeple here could go there. if thats ok. i have a chat room on me and my cousins site right now that isnt that good but i can find one thats great.

Khamul

Anti-Conscience of TTF
Reaction score
The easyness of it doesnt really matter. It would be extremely annoying for someone to moderate chat rooms. If you are that desperate to chat, just get on Instant Messanger or something like that, and have a chat....;)

Bilbo Baggins57

#1 Hobbit
Reaction score
I think a chat room would be a really cool idea. Instead of just posting our opinions we could actually talk 2 people about them. I hope u guys decide 2 add a chat room.:p

Dûndorer

Reaction score
just wanted to say...

i know, but you dont realy have to moderate chat rooms. maybe large ones on AOL or somethin like that. but if we had a chat room for this forum someone would have to search for this forum, find it, and start to terrorise. it wouldnt be anywhere else but on this web page. and also, i bet, no no no, i know that there has to be a chat room with a password on it. so someone that wants to tarrorise people that like tolkien would have to search, find this website, sign up for it, then get the password, go on it and do what they do. and i dont know but maybe, maybe if u get a chat like that you can give the password to people with over 50 posts. not to make them seem lower but just as a precaution. that meens that someone would have to post 50 times before they could get to terrorise the chat room. and i think that if someone wanted to do something bad in a chat room, they would have already did something bad to the forum.

Beorn

In the shadows
Staff member
Reaction score
The thing is, on the forum, people research info before they post. So, in a chat room, much less researched info would be conversation...

Úlairi

Crying in the Wilderness
Reaction score
Originally posted by Beorn
The thing is, on the forum, people research info before they post. So, in a chat room, much less researched info would be conversation...
Very observbant, I got a bit of a laugh out of that one Beorn.

Walter

Flamekeeper
Reaction score
After all I've seen going on in the couple of years I owned and moderated chatrooms on IRC, I don't think I would use it, but if a majority wants it, why not install a chatroom...

Úlairi

Crying in the Wilderness
Reaction score
Why don't you become a mod Walter? Beorn did and I would love to as well, however, I believe that you actually have to win the favor of the mods and the WM before they let you.

Thread suggestions