🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Civil War: Friends or Foes

Beorn

In the shadows
Staff member
Reaction score
Friends or Foes

*A fleet of ships, armed with 5000 men stole into the Bay of Belfelas. As they headed West until they were out of sight, the townspeople near the shores wondered what had occured that could cause such an armada to be loosed.*

*Slowly, the fleet turned north to Arnor*

Eomer Dinmention

The Asian Lord
Reaction score
**Is it ok if i post here Mike?***

I have gathered up men due to everyone else gathering forces.
I do not know whats going on, and my scouts tell me nothing.

So I will say that 4000 troops are heading to guard the Gap of Rohan

1000 troops are in Helms Deep.

ANd the rest is in Edoras.

Beorn

In the shadows
Staff member
Reaction score
The invasion of Arnor commences as just over half of Mike's troops storm the shores near Meltestastia

They stole through towns, not hurting a soul, but moved ever towards Ciryaher.

You may post here if you wish, however, this war is not with you

Ciryaher

Witch of Resurrection
Reaction score
Having readied his forces, Ciryaher orded a force of 10,000 cavalry out of Sarn Ford to head to the southern tip of the Shire, just north of Meltestastia.

The Emperor himself was in Tharbad with his primary force of 20,000 men. As the suns last rays dyed the sails of Beorn's empty fleet red, Ciryaher led his 20 legions across the bridges and into Arandor, bearing the standard of Arnor as he went.

Last edited:

¤-Elessar-¤

Telcontar II
Reaction score
*Elessar sat in stunned silence, with his eyes rolled back in his head. The power of the Palantir following the movements as they went. He turned from the sight, a trick, no doubt. It was probably a lure for Elessar to run and join Beorn, and for them to crush him just when he thought victory was his. He laughed at how he had almost gone, and decided if war was to come between the nations of exile, he would sit tight and let it happen.

Beorn

In the shadows
Staff member
Reaction score
Out from the mountains, about 15,000 men come into Arandor, from the south. They set up a guard on the South and East borders of Arandor, and slowly move northward.

Another one of Mike's fleets anchors off the coast of Northern Arandor. This one large, contained 7,500 men, of which 6000 went onto shore. There they made camp, while Ciryaher unaware continued to parade into Arandor.

At this same time, the original troops on shore start moving southwards, behind Ciryaher's army.

Ciryaher

Witch of Resurrection
Reaction score
Ciryaher's force in the Shire crossed the narrow inlet on barges and re-entered Meltestastia some time after Beorn's forces had left it.

The Emperor ordered the fallow fields to be set on fire as they passed through the land towards Lond Daer, unchallenged as of yet.

¤-Elessar-¤

Telcontar II
Reaction score
(there is no discussion for this, but what percent of each of your armies are playing this glimmering game of chess? It needs to be posted, at least By Ciryaher, who seems to know the full strength of his army anyways)

***Ciryaher answers: I have 75% (30,000; this excludes the Praetorian guard of the Palace) of my professional forces activated and participating in the invasion/counterattack***

Last edited by a moderator:

Beorn

In the shadows
Staff member
Reaction score
Another 10,000 troops come in to help surround Arandor, with many of Ciryaher's troops inside. They come with horses, fast horses, but not those of its friend Rohan.

(I've about the same area, and even though Cir has done a lot more populating by posting, I've still just as many soldiers.)

Eomer Dinmention

The Asian Lord
Reaction score
Yes Beorn, Cir's horses are not any of mine.

I decided to let this go, Your Kingdom, Gondor and Arnor are both my ally, and i think it would be wise if i stayed out of it.

But i must say this war was a sudden shock. You and Cir are like brothers.

Ciryaher

Witch of Resurrection
Reaction score
Ciryaher's men ignored the exterior threat and turned south about 14 leagues east of Lond Daer after having met the other force of 10,000. They continued south to the Isen, and then turned east and follwed its banks towards the Gap of Rohan.

Eomer Dinmention

The Asian Lord
Reaction score
Thus an Army of 15 000 men marched towards the Gap of Rohan. Holding up the banners of Rohan. There was another 7500 men in Helms Deep, ready to back the front Army up

Dain Ironfoot

Likes Ramen
Reaction score
Dain with his 20000 soldiers rides up behind Elessar and he speaks to his old friend. "What shall we do....(pm)"

Ciryaher

Witch of Resurrection
Reaction score
Pauses his troops for a rest about a league south of the wall of Angrenost. He scans the hills with his eyes, and sighs to himself.

When dawn breaks, the great host continues north until the tower of Orthanc was just visible. Again, the host stopped and readied for an assault.

Eomer Dinmention

The Asian Lord
Reaction score
*Eomer rides to the Gap to meet his captains.

He then rides to a big hill to meet Ellesar. He sees Cir's army and Isengard near it.

"What the hell are you doing Cir."

"Dain, we thankyou, but we are in no need of your mighty warriors. We don't want you to get involved in this. I will call you, if we are in need. But stay here, and tell me why Cir is attacking parts of Gondor"

Ciryaher

Witch of Resurrection
Reaction score
"My Captains," said the Emperor, "We meet no resistance, but shall we carry out with the excercise? The eyes of nearby lords look upon us, and they wonder."

"The exercise has gone well, my men, but I would prefer to have no sword at all to this false-battle. The skirmish is over. We will return to Arnor, promptly."

With the winding of many horns, the army of Arnor turned about and headed south to the Fords of Isen.

Thread suggestions