🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Dagor-nuin-Giliath: An Illustrious Debate

Aulë

The Larrikin
Reaction score
Welcome one and all to the upcoming debate between Nóm and Turgon.

They shall be debating the topic (as requested by Turgon):
"The elves and the dwarves were both excellent craftsmen - yet which of the two races was the better?"

The debate shall last two weeks from the first post, and the three judges are as follows:
  • Arvedui
  • Gothmog
  • Eledhwen
I see no need to remind the debators of the rules established for debates within TheTolkienForum.
As Turgon came up with the topic, I believe that Nóm shall be choosing her stance and posting first.
Game on. :)

Confusticated

Reaction score
Aulë said:
I see no need to remind the debators of the rules established for debates within TheTolkienForum.
As Turgon came up with the topic, I believe that Nóm shall be choosing her stance and posting first.
Game on. :)
Thank you, Aule, for hosting this Battle Under the Stars.

Though I believe those rules were established for the old tournament, and this is to be a friendly and non-traditional debate. In fact he and I have already decided which side each will take, and I would like to ask him to post first, if he will?

:)

Aulë

The Larrikin
Reaction score
Nóm said:
Though I believe those rules were established for the old tournament, and this is to be a friendly and non-traditional debate.
I meant more along the lines of debating etiquette- I wasn't expecting you to start hurling vulgar abuse at each other by any means though. ;)

Turgon

Ghost-King of Gondolin
Reaction score
I will be taking the side of the dwarves in the upcoming debate, and I shall make my first post tomorrow night, which is Friday I think.

Looking forward to a good debate.

Nom - I trust you will refrain from hurling vulgar insults at me for the duration?

:D

Confusticated

Reaction score
Turgon... :eek:

If (only if) you have not put together an opening yet, would you mind if I go ahead and open? I've just been thinking about the debate and the idea of opening is growing on me.

But if you do already have a post together, it is no problem at all really and I insist that you use it... anything I would say in opening can be said throughout the debate, and I want to see yours. Either way is fine.

Let me know? :)

Confusticated

Reaction score
I appreciate this everyone, but I'm not going to be able to do this right now. I'd like to say we might do it later, but I don't think that will happen.

But thanks everyone, especially Turgon.

I apologise for anyone's troubles from this.

Thread suggestions