🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Debating Tournament: Periaur - Come Support Your Guild!!

Elbereth

Star Queen of Valinor
Reaction score
I am sad to hear that you cannot debate Snaga...but I can understand your dillemma as it is something I share. I have neither the time nor the talent to debate...so I will leave that to my other guild mates. If you want Aule...I'll take on the role of judge for the tournament and you can debate....I would be willing to do that if that will helps to bring our team to victory.

PS...Elberethians??? :confused: :rolleyes: That kind of jab was just petty. The Periaurs are too independent to be followers...and beleive me, I doubt I would be the object of their devotion.

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
Well,the things are becomming more and more interesting.GoO seems to be favorites for the Tournament,especially if Nom is the main representative,not a replacement.
Beleg is also a member of GoS so it depends on him,which Guild will choose him.
But also do not forget your talented Vala-Aule,he is sitting in the corner,waiting to be asked to represent GoP.

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
Elbereth,what is the situation with GoP's representative and his/her replacemnts.
As I can see you do not have muc opportunities :Aule,you,Legolam,Niniel,and of course Beleg(who should decide whether he will debate for you or for GoS if they invite him)

Beleg

Fading
Reaction score
I believe I am not a member of Guild of Periaur but rather a member of Guild of Scholar's Hall.

and errr....

Elbereth

Star Queen of Valinor
Reaction score
Although I am the Guild Leader, I am not responsible for the guild debates...I have left that responsibility to Aule, the Guild of Periaur's manager of debates. I am leaving him with the ultimate executive decision as to who should debate in this tournament.

If they are willing and able to debate, I would recommend Aule and Niniel to represent the team. Both candidates are strong and experienced debators of high calibre...and I have faith they will represent the guild well.

As for myself....I am not willing to throw myself into such a competion. As I have said earlier...I do not have the time nor the desire to join in a debate. And based on my poor showing at my last debate, I am sure my fellow guild members are relieved to hear it.

Aulë

The Larrikin
Reaction score
Elbereth: I really would prefer not to commit myself to this tournament, since I am going to become overloaded with work in March. But since no one else seems to be putting up their hand, I guess I'll have to do it.

post edited by Elbereth - (in hopes to keep conversation here positive)

Last edited by a moderator:

Niniel

Random Quoter
Reaction score
We can help you Aulë... you can always ask us if we have any more arguments or if we can look something up for you if you don't have time... It's just I think that you are more eloquent than me when it comes to debating, you just know how to say things in a convincing way (more than me).

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
So,it seems that Aule will be the representative,but who will be his replacement?

Aulë

The Larrikin
Reaction score
Good news! :)

Wonks has volunteered to debate :)
Wonks shall be the #1 debator, and Niniel will be her replacement.

Yay! :D

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
The Best of The Best begins

I would like to announce that The Best of The Best tournament begins on Monday -1st March.

The section is opened and the debates will start ASAP.

I would like to ask your Guild's representative and his/her replacement to check the schedule of and to prepare themselves for real debates.

Round 1's threads will be opened later today.

Good Luck

Gothmog

Lord of Balrogs
Staff member
Reaction score
The thread for the First round debate has been opened. Could Wonks (or her replacement) please post their readyness to debate?

The thread can be found Here

Thank You

Gothmog.

Gil-Galad

in love
Reaction score
I would like to ask Niniel to replace Wonks ASAP.

If GoP's member does not took part in the round I am afraid that their opponents will take the three points which are given for a win.

If there is a problem with Wonk and Niniel,you still have time to replace them.
Please do it as soon as possible.

Niniel

Random Quoter
Reaction score
I'm here! Sorry G-G! You should have PMed me, then I would have checked in sooner. I'll report in the thread asap.

Thread suggestions