🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Did they ever....?

Sting99

Reaction score
Did Faramir of Gondor & Eowyn of Rohan ever really get married? It doesn't say so in the books.

Cian

sylvan madman
Reaction score
Yes they did. I didn't check LotR, because I know the name of their son Elboron appears on a (Dol Amroth) genealogical table in HoMe. In "The Tale of Years of The Third Age" (as given in HoMe) their marriage is said to have taken place in Y. 3020, as also can be found in "The Heirs of Elendil".

Rangerdave

He's Back!
Reaction score
Ever so slightly out of sync with reality
At the last when the feast drew to an end Éomer arose and said: 'Now this is the funeral feast of Théoden the King; but I will speak ere we go of tidings of joy, for he would not grudge that I should do so, since he was ever a father of Éowyn my sister. Hear then all my guests, fair folk of many realms, such as have never before been gathered in this hall! Faramir, Steward of Gondor, and Prince of Ithilien, asks that Éowyn Lady of Rohan should be his wife, and she grants it full willing. Therefore they shall be trothplighted before you all.'
And Faramir and Éowyn stood forth and set hand in hand; and all there drank to them and were glad. 'Thus,' said Éomer, 'is the friendship of the Mark and of Gondor bound with a new bond, and the more do I rejoice.'
That was the wedding ceremony.
Simple yet binding.

RD

Thread suggestions