🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Dreaming of LOTR

Have you ever dreampt about Middle Earth

• That you were the Ringbearer

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • That you were bring pursued by the Nazgul

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • About some sort of manifestation of Sauron

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Other- post your dreams!

Votes: 29 54.7%

• Total voters

Diabless

Reaction score
Have any of you ever dreampt about LOTR?
I have dreamp that I was the Ringbearer.
I have dreampt of the Nazgul.
I have dreamp of Sauron.
In all these dreams the ideas of these were there but not exact images. Have you guys ever dreampt about any ideas or images of LOTR?

elenya

the crazy one
Reaction score
I've dreamt of LotR but not really in that sens. Like I dreamt that I was walking with all my friends and I see Frodo and I think 'Hey! That's Elijah Wood! No...no that's Frodo. Wait! It's Elijah Wood BEING Frodo!' Then I wake up and ask myself why I can't have normal dreams.

YayGollum

Conscience of TTF
Reaction score
Columbia, South Carolina, the United States of Nor
The only LOTR dreams I've ever had were one where I was Bilbo and I was invisible and I hid from Orcs in the shower, but they found me and then I woke up.
One where Gollum was the new kid at my school and I was showing him around, but he kept getting scared when classes changed because he was going to get stepped on by people.
Another one I had was really boring, I was just reading LOTR and Gollum still died, but everybody called him the hero at the end.
My little sister had a dream where she was being attacked by the giant spiders from Mirkwood.

tookish-girl

Pippin's stranger sister
Reaction score
I've been a hobbit before and was dancing with Pippin at Bilbo's party and Frodo was ignoring me!
Elenya, what on earth is a "normal" dream!?! There's surely no such thing!:)

Kit Baggins

Thain Kit I
Reaction score
I had a dream where I was Sam and my friend Marie was Frodo (don't ask why) and we were going to school, but our school was in Mordor, and you could see Mount Doom from the science block- this bit has stuck in my mind particularly. Then these people came down in this big spaceship and told us we had to go with them and fight against these people called the Cydonians, and we'd been chosen because we had the One Ring.

I also had a dream where I was Gollum, and I was in Faramir's hideout, but it looked like a place in one of my computer games, called Riven. There was one of the characters from Riven there, and I kept shouting things and hitting him with a raw fish.

~Kit :p

EverEve

Back from a long hiatus
Reaction score
ok, i had this dream where i was following merry, pip, aragorn, and legolas to a hill at isengard. aragorn and legolas had a conversation about what to do next. legolas said "we must seperate, for it will harder for the eye to see us" aragorn says "no, we cannot abandon what is left of the fellowship. the eye will see us no matter what we do" then legolas turns toward me and says "allas, for i fear you are right"

the end

Anduril

Nil desperandum!
Reaction score

I think this is a nice thread...really...it's nice.

I've had dreams about all this...
I've imaginated myself at the very beginning of all this epic story...believe it or not...at the Ainulindale...

YES...I think this is a great conception of the creation of a whole universe...by a song, the creation song...I think this is a revolutionary idea, the universe wasn't created by a "commandment" or an "order"...It was made by cooperation, by joining eforts, love, passion, knowledge of several powers...it's nice. :p

Salut!

*arillyn*

Reaction score
I dreamt that I was Aragorn's daughter. And that I followed the fellowship around :p really!

Wood Elf

Reaction score
I dreamt that I had the one ring, and that I was trying to hide it from my family. I also had a dream that I met Orlando Bloom, really. (Don't kill me girls!)

Woo

3rd lieutenant of Melkor
Reaction score
Do daydreams count?
I daydream everyday, about being in Arda even when I go to link girls!
I just daydream of being a Maia spirit who in the beginning of creation learns a bit of the knowledge of all the 8 Valar and then ponce around in Middle earth and Valinor.:D

Aroghel

Elven Lord of Light
Reaction score
Do you know something REALLY freaky?? One time i went to sleep (I was 2 years old, now Im 13, and I have never read the lord of the rings before) and i dreamed that i was in some sort of village. I saw people laughing and talking and having a good time. then, all of a sudden i heard an eerie, deep laugh by someone very evil and scary. then everything got dark and everyone started running around and screaming. then, a big black figure came to me and did that same freaky laugh. He had a sword, too. It was the end of the world!!! The figure looked EXACTLY like Sauron, and the scary part is . . . I had never seen or read the LotR books!! I had that dream at least 3 times, and they were all a little bit different. Its funny because when i went to see the lord of the rings this year (the dream was 11 years ago), i saw Sauron in the beginning and i said to myself, "That is the same freaky dark figure in my dream!!" It seems like my dream had foretold the future or something. WEIRD!!!

Mina Pitcher

Reaction score
I dreamt that merry and pippin fell into a river and Merry (who can probably swim)drowned(awwwwwwwwwwwww) but I rescued Pippin then we got married... what happened to Diamond i dont know... then Merry was at the wedding...
Also in another dream i was in a big hall and a dwarf sat next to me. He wrote his name on a form, and i said " oh hello ori" (that was his name) " i thought u went 2 M..." then i woke up!!!!!! I was going 2 say Moria of course!!!!! I am officially either weird or obsessed with LOTR!!!

I.am.Smeagol

Reaction score
I fell asleep while reading the Sil,, (not the Sil's fault, mind you, it was around 1 am,, and I had gotten no sleep the previous nights[reading].)
I had this dream where I was at my old elementary school, only I was the age I am now, and sudenly the Valar appeared and brought me to a forest. Then I woke up. =(

It was really odd..

Dûndorer

Reaction score
i had a dream the first night i began to read the hobbit. i was one of the dwarfs and i kept getting mad at everyone else and asked them if they think that they were hurting bilbos feelings.

elfprincess

Child of the KoRn
Reaction score
Well, I had this really strange dream right after I saw FOTR for the first time.

I was walking through the woods...it looked like Middle Earth....well, because it was. lol Anyway, I'm walking along, and I see Legolas running away from something. So I call out to him and he just kind of looks at me and runs away. But I try to follow him and the next thing I know, he's standing right in front of me and quoting some of the lines from the movie! lol The funny thing is, the first thing he did was kneel next to me and say, "You have my bow"! lol (It was actually a pretty cool dream. ;) ) Anyway, he followed me evrywhere through the rest of my pointless dream...and I didn't know why.

I know. I have strange dreams. :rolleyes: But the scary thing is, my dreams usually mean something. *shudder* I'm not going to think about that....

Last edited:

Thread suggestions