🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Dreaming of LOTR

Have you ever dreampt about Middle Earth

• That you were the Ringbearer

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • That you were bring pursued by the Nazgul

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • About some sort of manifestation of Sauron

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Other- post your dreams!

Votes: 29 54.7%

• Total voters
R

Rohansangel

Me, Pippin, and Merry were all captured by Old Man Willow. Sam saved us, but we were badly hurt. Frodo left to fight Old Man Willow while we swam in the river. Aragorn saw us but we were afraid of him, so we hid. Eventually he saw us but then he turned into Legolas who turned into Gimli who turned into Aragorn again who turned into Treebeard who turned into Gandalf. Then Gandalf brought us to Mount Doom and Elrond and Isildur were there. We saw Isildur refuse to cast the ring into the fire. Isildur turned into Borimir who ran away from all of us and then jumped into the fire himself. Elrond jumped in after him. Then we all looked over the edge and then looked at one another. Then we all went back to Bag End where we had a party for Bilbo's 180th birthday.

~The Angel of Rohan

PS.I had other LotR dreams too, but they involved some of my friends and it would just be confusing to you.

I also had this dream where me, my best mellon (friend) Melissa, and Frodo were captured by Legolas and he laughed evilly. Then he brought us to the dead marshes, where we sunk in with the dead people. Creepy, no.

Another I had, was that Legolas and Gimli were fighting with Aragorn and Borimir. About what, I don't know, but then me, Frodo, Merry, and Pippin (I guess I was Sam) stopped them.

~The Angel of Rohan

Last edited by a moderator:

Shadowfax

Wandering Artisianette
Reaction score
the Willamette Valley in Oregon, USA- the mudskipp
I have already posted this on another thread, but here goes:
I have no Idea WHAT I was dreaming, but my step-dad was waking me up after I had fallen asleep on the couch, and i yelled "Ash on my tomatoes!" with a Pippin accent and everything!
Heh heh, I have also had dreams that involved Elijah Wood and some strawberry bubble bath... But as this is a G-rated site, I do not think I'll go into details!;)

R

Rohansangel

I like strawberry bubblebath ... with Elijah Wood I might like it better tho ...

Tarien

Patron of Oboists
Reaction score
Have had strange obsession with dead Elves before. Is now recurring. V. scared. Why can't I have normal dreams, or at least normal LoTR dreams?
Okay, not all weird dreams based on dead Elves. Like with Aragorn stuck up a tree. V. funny. Like a cat. Don't ask.

Mina Pitcher

Reaction score
I have really wierd LOTR dreams all the time. Last night i gave them all bags of choc- v. unlike me!
Once i kept calling Gimli 'Gimlet'
I always remember them, now ive forgot them all!! well, take my word 4 it!:cool:

ROSEY

Reaction score
when i read it first i used to fall asleep with the book in my hand at some insane hour like 4.30am and i wouldnt know that i was asleep and i never remembered my dreams except that my mam and sis would sometimes wake me up,saying that i was screaming things like gandalf the nazgul!!!!!and that one time i was crying for shire?id wake up looking like id had been in the fellowship the night before!(and thats not pretty)-crazy but i miss that. :(

Shadowfax

Wandering Artisianette
Reaction score
I just had a dream last night where I was trying to by property from Frodo, and pippin and merry kept hitting on me (no joke) and Sam kept saying,"Don't sell it to her Mr Frodo, she only wants it to make a secret head quarters for her goblin Horde!"
it was V. weird!

Tarien

Patron of Oboists
Reaction score
Dad has informed me that when I was 9, I read the page about Frodo at Amon Hen from memory, while I was asleep. As I was 9, I had no such dreams about Frodo like I would now.....

Ice Man

Freezin'
Reaction score
No, never dreamed with anything concerning Middle Earth, but I do have some funky dreams every once in a while.

ROSEY

Reaction score
they say when you dream you dream, about the part of the day (or whenever)that most affected you and that if it is re-occuring your being haunted by it,i keep dreaming that im walking towards bilbo from behind and he's just sitting in the hill in hobbiton smoking his pipe,i feel really happy and at home and i call 'hey bilbo'but when he turns around its JRR Tolkien himself he just smiles at me but i get freaked out because he's dead man!so i just turn and run.This is happening all week:( any suggestions of what to do?

Shadowfax

Wandering Artisianette
Reaction score
Ever heard of lucid dreaming? I'ts where you realize that you are asleep and you take control of your dream. the way you do it, is that you pick something (like a wristwatch, that's what I use) that lets you know that you are asleep. So, every time during the day (it may even take a week) that you look at your watch, ask yourself if you are dreaming. Then, when you are trying to fall asleep, concentrate on the watch. If you are dreaming and you see the watch, you will have conditioned yourself to ask if you are dreaming, and you can take control.
PS: I've been trying for about a month, and I finally got it to work two nights ago!

EverEve

Back from a long hiatus
Reaction score
Thats sooo cool. Im gonna use a ring that i have............maybe.

Diabless

Reaction score
Originally posted by EverEve
Thats sooo cool. Im gonna use a ring that i have............maybe.
Good idea EverEve and Shadowfax! I am gonn use the ring too! I always have it next to my bed. So everyday I tell myelf I am not dreaming when I look at the Ring and if I see it in my dream, I know it's a dream?

Niniel

Random Quoter
Reaction score
The problem with that is tat either you wake up in the middle of the night, and then you're too sleepy to write anything down, or you wake up in the morning and then have no time to write anything down because you have to go somewhere... so that's why my attempts to keep a dream journal never came to anything. Pity though, because now I forget what I dream all the time and I would have liked to remember it.

ROSEY

Reaction score
do you have that many dreams?i mean enough to keep a journal?i can never remember my dreams at night!,maybe this lucid malarkey will help!ill try anything once, do day dreams count and if not why not?

Shadowfax

Wandering Artisianette
Reaction score
Tips for a Dream Journal:
-set your alarm clock 15 minutes early
-keep a pen/pencil by your bed. when you wake up, immediately write down any thing that comes to your head, even images, sounds, colors. It doesn't matter if they make any sense.
-if you keep at it, I can guarantee you, swear on a stak of Sillmarillions, cross my heart, you will start to remember your dreams. When I started last fall, I got about one dream every two weeks. Now I get several a night. My Mental Health class did a dream journal prodject, and by the end, everyone in the class (who tried) was remembering their dreams.
Have fun!

Mrs. Baggins

Miss Dor-Taur-Sir
Reaction score
I've just read a book about the science of dreaming, i hope it shall lead me to control my dreams, so I can really be a,member of the fellowship during my dreams!! ;) hope u dont think im too weird

Thread suggestions