🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Dreaming of LOTR

Have you ever dreampt about Middle Earth

• That you were the Ringbearer

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • That you were bring pursued by the Nazgul

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • About some sort of manifestation of Sauron

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Other- post your dreams!

Votes: 29 54.7%

• Total voters

PaigeSinclaire88

PaigeSinclaire88
Reaction score
It's literally my dream to have a hot steamy love scene in Rivendell beside the waterfalls. It's such a beautiful setting and I imagine that the temperature is perfect, I think that Rivendell is gorgeous like a sort of heaven.

CirdanLinweilin

The Wandering Wastrel
Reaction score
I had a dream where I was being pursued by Nazgul, they were chasing me and I stopped to set a wreck in their path and I set it on fire, then I heard a chilling scream then bolted, they almost had me, I could feel his cold hand, I jumped into a lake at the end of the road, once I was submerged, I kept hearing whispers.

The funny thing is, I had no idea why they were chasing me, I had not the Ring.

Maybe I was just important. ;)

CL

Margaret Shirley

Reaction score
I have had lots. I'm usually not actually in ME though:( A few weeks ago I dreamed that I was at some skiing tournament(and I don't even ski) and I saw Bilbo. But here's the catch, it was Bilbo at the end of ROTK, probably even older actually. He was shaking all overbut when I hugged him he stopped shaking. And I was so happy to see him that I didn't care that he was a little bit senile. After I hugged him(it was more like steadying him really) he became much more steady and I talked to him for a bit(about what I cannot say). Than my parents came and I was talking about how ME must be real after all. A few days ago I dreamed that my mother had had a baby and that we had to come up with a name for him quickly. For some reason, I suggested Feanor. And because of dream logic my mom didn't question the name AT ALL and said, great let's do it! Than at the baby naming ceremony(which involved PILES of food), I got really scared that my mom would discover who Feanor was and what he had done and be really angry at me. Then I woke up. I also once dreamed that Legolas gave me some mission to do on a piece of paper(I didn't actually meet him unfortunately) It had something to do with going to the sea and I think it was sort of a poem(not certain about the poem though, my memory of it is not the best). The crazy thing is that this is before I read LOTR(I had read the Hobbit) so I had no clue about what the Sea means to elves. The only thing I knew about Legolas was that he is an elf and part of the fellowship. Although, this dream occurred when I was staying by the beach and about to ask if I could read LOTR so I guess that explains it. I had something last night but already I forgot what it was:(

Sir Gawain d'Orchany

To Rivendell where elves yet dwell
Reaction score
I've dreampt of Numenor, of being a Woodland Elf, of being a Hobbit related to Merry, of being a member of Faramir's group, of being in the Rohirrim, of living in crystal caves/ being a dwarf, of living in Imladris. I've even dreampt of the shadow.

My most recurring Middle Earth dreams are the fall of Numenor and of being one of the Blue Wizards sent to Middle Earth.

CirdanLinweilin

The Wandering Wastrel
Reaction score
I've dreampt of Numenor, of being a Woodland Elf, of being a Hobbit related to Merry, of being a member of Faramir's group, of being in the Rohirrim, of living in crystal caves/ being a dwarf, of living in Imladris. I've even dreampt of the shadow.

My most recurring Middle Earth dreams are the fall of Numenor and of being one of the Blue Wizards sent to Middle Earth.
YOU HATH RETURNED! HUZZAH! HUZZAH! HUZZAH!

*Ahem*

Welcome Back.

CL

Desert Loon

Reaction score
It's been a couple of years since I had a vivid and emotionally intense dream that has remained very meaningful to me. I've often wondered how much to share of it and where. I will share some of it here.

I was a survivor or veteran of the War of the Ring; I might have been from Gondor. Radagast took me to Lorien to meet The Lady. After I paid my respects, Radagast said he would take me home. We traveled for a while. He carried a sturdy waffle iron, enchanted so that it was nearly weightless.

It might be worth emphasizing that Radagast bore no resemblance at all to Sylvester McCoy's portrayal in the Jackson movies.

Thread suggestions