🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

drjekil's story

Melian Le Fay

Lover of night
Reaction score
Eledhwen said:
It also creates a bad taste in the mouth about all the time wasted reading it! Thank God for free lending libraries - at least I don't waste money too! I don't mind Tolkein derivatives; I really enjoyed reading "The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever", for instance, but practically every character and scene was a re-write of a Tolkien idea. It was like he pinched the different world from CS Lewis and the rest from Tolkein. What really irritates me is run-of-the-mill writers (like Raymond Feist) having their stuff publicised as better than Tolkien (quote: If Tolkien made you fly, Raymond Feist will make you soar!).
I also read plenty of fantasy, I actually read a lot before I got my hands on Tolkien. And, boy, was I hooked! For life! NOTHING I read so far cannot compare to Tolkien, IMO. I heard that Thomas Covenant was good, I'm looking forward to reading it... But... none of the books I read had this wonderfull feeling of lofty and epic; and none of them had layers and layers of history and myth of their worlds... And lets not even mention language! (heh! I don't think anyone can compare to Proffessor T!!! :D ) Most authors seem to write a story, and then "build" a world around it, but the effect is always pale. Tolkien started with the world first (long before the Hobbit and LOTR), with its genesis, its causes and consequences, but all of that adorned in a wonderfull epic and mythological manner... and you really get the feeling that world is old...so old, that all the memory had turned into myth, and all the chronicles into legends... And, above all, it is the wonderfull feeling of bitter-sweet, and his "hope without guarrantee". It makes all his work seem non-pathetic, with only lofty and true emotions.
And why do people love it so much? Because it has "something". Maybe it's because Tolkien wasn't a run-off-the-mill writer, he didn't create his world for earning money, but because he wanted it wih all his heart. And people can feel that. I believe they can connect to that. Do you know any other fantasy book that has so many followers?

drjekil_bg

STORY-TELLER
Reaction score
I think its time for resurrection of this thread.It's time for a new story.
Here is the begining

Darkness had fall. Now everything that was bright and beautiful have fall in to the shadows of the night where only those who don’t fear the death dear wall. There in the mist, a figure of a man stood like a rock, looking for something. In his right hand he was holding a sword, which blade glittered from the moon light. His deep brown eyes stopped at something. Something there, where even the wizard of the North don’t walk, was moving, hiding from the destiny that was prepared or him. The man moved quickly like a fox preparing to attack his enemy but in this very moment ray of green light came from the sky and his could see anything except the shiny gold reflection. It ended as fast as it began and at first the man didn’t see anything different. Everything seemed to be normal as usual but yet he sensed that something was wrong. Someone was watching him, even though he couldn’t see him, he knew that the eyes of someone was fixed on him. Then from behind a figure of a man, dressed in black came out of the shadows and his eyes that were as black as the night looked at the warrior that was standing in front of him.
“So you dare walk in night?!”-the voice of the new man was cold like ice. He made a step forward but yet the one that have stood in front of him didn’t move, still believing that there is hope of him. But hope was death a long time ago, when the South and the East have fall in to the Shadow and when everything that once was made of light now was burn and only the ashes have remain to remember those who dear walk in the dark.
“I am Kalather, a knight from the West, and I do not fear you or anyone from your Order. The age of the wizard is gone along time ago and I will not stay and watch how the past will become once again present and how the future that have been already seen will be lost because of the dark arts.”- honorable words said the warrior but yet the might of the wizard was more powerful then any sword made from the hand of a mortal. But the courage of Kalather was legendary and even he could die in a fight, he will know that have died trying to save those who don’t dare walk in the dark.

joxy

Reaction score
drjekil_bg said:
It's time for a new story.
Where are you, and what is your native language?
If you have access to an English spell-checker, it would be helpful for your readers if you could run the story through it each time.

drjekil_bg

STORY-TELLER
Reaction score
Well,i first write the story(the new one)on Wicrosoft Word and there is a spell-checker.I am sorry about the last story-well everything is in the past.I'll try to be more careful next time.

“I am Kalather, a knight from the West, and I do not fear you or anyone from your Order. The age of the wizard is gone along time ago and I will not stay and watch how the past will become once again present and how the future that have been already seen will be lost because of the dark arts.”- honorable words said the warrior but yet the might of the wizard was more powerful then any sword made from the hand of a mortal. But the courage of Kalather was legendary and even he could die in a fight, he will know that have died trying to save those who don’t dare walk in the dark.
“You are a young fool, I see the straight that runs in your veins but yet there isn’t a weapon made by a human that can kill me. You think that with your miserable sword you will finish me and stop the spreading of the Darkness. Ha, there isn’t such power yet.”-the tone of wizard was quite like he was trying not to be heard but yet his words were as powerful as a lightning.
Kalather was still standing were he was from the beginning. He knew that if he moved, the wizard will sense his weakness and use it against him. He knew enough about those, who knew how to use the Dark art, to understand the complication of the situation. He didn’t have choice, the end seemed so close but yet something inside his didn’t want to give up, even though for some the hope have died, for him hope was immortal.
The wizard in black lifted his hands like he was praying to the sky that was black as his robe. Dark clouds have began to appear when Kalather heard from behind horse’s hoofs. He turned and he saw a white horse that was beautiful like the moon ride at a gallop towards him. There was a lady on the horse, her blue eyes were fixed in the warrior and before he knew, she took him from the ground and they both ran somewhere in the forest. The wizard couldn’t do anything, there was a strong spell around the horse that even he couldn’t broke, some strange forces were working here. He knew that this wasn’t his last meeting with Kalather. He disappear somewhere in the darkness where no one dare walk.
The with horse was fast like the wind, soon they got out of the dark forest but the night wasn’t over yet, now there wasn’t nothing in front of them but the black sky and the dust ground on which once green grass was growing but now there was only rocks and ashes. The field ,which they were passing through, was empty like the hearts of men that were now bounded with the destiny of the Darkness. The night have gone but yet the dark grey clouds were on the sky and the Sun wasn’t able to be seen. Kalather didn’t speak a word the hole journey. His was too worried about the fate of the South and the East that were still lying in Darkness.

Thread suggestions