🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Elf lover or Orc lover?

Gnashar_the_orc

Reaction score
I don't know why but I just don't like any of Arda's races which would be described as 'good guys'. Elves are arrogant, Humans are weak and Hobbits are in their own little world. The only exception is the Dwarves. I just adore the sheer wickedness that Melkor and all the monsters of Middle-Earth have, especially the Orcs . So what are you? A guardian of Arda? Or a plague upon it? :D

Nocturno

Reaction score
I would take the ents, really. They are not arrogant, and you couldn't think they are weak!

But anyway, about orcs or elves, I would honestly prefer a bunch that likes to sing all night than others that probably like to play soccer with someone's head. :)

Gnashar_the_orc

Reaction score
Wouldn't you rather be part of an enormous tide of orcs charging into the Shire (just a thought!) rather than some elf who hides in woods? Orcs are more dynamic, they are always on the move.

Anarchist

The Eternal Champion
Reaction score
I guess it would be fun to be an Orc. But it don't like them. They are slaves to their lord either that is Sauron or Saruman. You couldn't just say that elves hide in woods when Sauron and Melkor are the ones who actually hide in their dark dungeons.
But there is something I don't like about elves and I agree with you. Indeed they are arrogant and they believe they are above others and that others only can do wicked things. If you think about it, the elves first started doing wicked things (i.e Feanor).
I love the dwarfs. They are proud and strong.
If I had to choose between Elves and Orcs I would be an Orc for a day and an Elf for a lifetime.

Vilya Elathelas

Reaction score
elves

ELVES DEFINITELY!!! Oh, and the elves do NOT hide in the woods. Ever heard of the LAST ALLIANCE??? And men (save isildur) weren't weak in the LA either.

But if not an elf than a half-elf half-man. i think that'd be fun...though I'd prob'ly get the worst of both worlds...oh well.

ELVES!!!!!:D

Arathin

Sic Lucreat Lux
Reaction score
Well...I think that Elves and Orcs are really one in the same. So if I say Orcs, I would mean Elves. If I say Elves, I would mean Orcs. So neither and both of them. Personally I am happy with my Elessar, despite or because of his short comings.

Greenleaf

Of the Sacried wood
Reaction score
Originally posted by Arathin
Well...I think that Elves and Orcs are really one in the same. So if I say Orcs, I would mean Elves. If I say Elves, I would mean Orcs. So neither and both of them. Personally I am happy with my Elessar, despite or because of his short comings.
What? Elves ands Orcs the same??? Um, excuse my ignorance, but what are you talking about? Elves and Orcs are as alike as night and day?:confused: :confused:

Lantarion

no house
Reaction score
I would say either Elves or Men. Elves because of their half-immortality and their knowledge and skill; Men because they seem like the most valiant and strong and hardy, and they have an actual lifespan and have to complete their duty within that time instead of just hanging around and doing everything when you feel like it because you have millions of years to live! :)
Of course, I am a Man so I am biased.

Greenleaf

Of the Sacried wood
Reaction score
Originally posted by Arathin
Orcs are currupted Elves. This is stated in TLoR several times, and (although I have not yet read it) most likely stated in Sil.
Ok, so they came from the same race, but they were .corrupted that means they are no longer elves. IMO they are as different as night and day. Elves are good, Orcs are evil. I think Tolkien mad that distinction pretty clear.

chrysophalax

Dragon of Note
Reaction score
In my own gastronomical opinion,I would have
to say dwarves,as they definitely have the most
meat, though are at times a little tough.
However from a gourmet's point of view,there's
nothing like a good Legolam or Legolas for that
matter! *drools*

Arathin

Sic Lucreat Lux
Reaction score
Are you by chance a prayingmantice? B/c we're not eating them. We are making love to them.

As I stated earlier....Both and neither. I love my Elessar b/c of or despite his shortcomings. Thank you very much.

Vilya Elathelas

Reaction score
chrysophalax

I believe chrysophalax is a dragon, which is why there was talk of eating things like elves and not...well...whatever else you were doing with them.

Am I correct? Chrysohalax--do you also post on the Thereandbackagain board??

chrysophalax

Dragon of Note
Reaction score
For all denizens of ME unacquainted with Smith of Wooten Major
and Farmer Giles of Ham,My namesake's exploits are detailed therein.
(this merely a clarification for Arathin's benefit).

Thread suggestions