🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Elrond

Taranir

Reaction score
Ok then... What about Elrond. Was he a healer by nature as Luthien did heal too. Or was his healing powers from his Ring which was the healing ring. Or did it just increase his powers. Or maybe it was given to him because of his allready existing healing skills. There is no mention about Elrond healing anybody before the 3th. Age.

Tar-Palantir

Reaction score
Elrond's healing powers seemed to be innate. I don't have the text in front of me, but Aragorn says something to the effect of "he (Elrond) is the greatest (in healing) of our race". But I would imagine that you're right in saying that his Ring increased his healing ability.

Lantarion

no house
Reaction score
Yes, I would imagine so; and I think it is stated in the beginning of the second Book (not the TT) that Elrond had healed Frodo after he recieved his Morgul- wound, and that it was because of Elrond's healing prowess that Frodo was still alive and kicking.

Sir Gawain d'Orchany

To Rivendell where elves yet dwell
Reaction score
Gil-galad gave Elrond Vilya the ring of air with his dying breath. Elrond used the ring to protect Imladris/Rivendell

Thread suggestions