🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Elven Lovesong

Turgon

Ghost-King of Gondolin
Reaction score
Being somewhat bored at the moment, I thought I'd write an song for Valentine's Day. I kind of imagine that a misunderstanding like this is what accounts for legends of elven-blood in the Took family.

Elven Lovesong

I met a girl called Buttercup,
In Breeland she did dwell.
And though she was a human maid,
I loved her just as well.

My father he would say to me,
Her short life will cause you woe,
Yet my father he had never kissed,
The soft hair upon her toe!

My human-maid was not so tall,
It made no odds to me,
Nor if I had to kiss her lips
While down upon my knee.

I find it strange though all the same,
Perhaps it just my luck?
To fall in love with a human maid
Whose name was Brandybuck!

Confusticated

Reaction score
That is cute, and I like it because the 'lesser' :D of the two is the woman. In M-e it seems in mixed race mating the woman was always higher in status.

Turgon

Ghost-King of Gondolin
Reaction score
Hehe! I think it's a cool idea, some innocent elf guy falling in love with a hobbit maid, not really knowing what she is. And why not? I was just a quick five-minute thing though - so I might try and polish it up a bit...:D

Confusticated

Reaction score
Hehe! I think it's a cool idea, some innocent elf guy falling in love with a hobbit maid, not really knowing what she is. And why not? I was just a quick five-minute thing though - so I might try and polish it up a bit...:D
I wonder more about this elf.:D

Thread suggestions