🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Elves Never Die

Firawyn

Verbatim et litteratim.
Reaction score
Yeah, those that can choose are pretty lucky, now that you mention it... not sure I ever thought of it that way. I disagree about Arwen being dumb though... anything for true love after all! :p I mean... imagine an Elf man choosing a mortal life for you! :oops: *Swoons*
Arwen is less impressive in the books, in my opinion. Movie version of her really brought attention to the character that was never given for book readers (or at least, I didn't care about book Arwen much). And if something was giving up immortality for me, they had better be female. ;)

I'll take Galadriel! Of course, it's Eowyn that has my heart in m beloved Middle Earth.

CirdanLinweilin

The Wandering Wastrel
Reaction score
Arwen is less impressive in the books, in my opinion. Movie version of her really brought attention to the character that was never given for book readers (or at least, I didn't care about book Arwen much). And if something was giving up immortality for me, they had better be female. ;)

I'll take Galadriel! Of course, it's Eowyn that has my heart in m beloved Middle Earth.
Then I''ll take LĂșthien. ;)

Yeah. I went there. :rolleyes:

CL

Last edited:

The Elvish Minstrel

Obssessed with Elves <3
Reaction score

Honestly, Arwen was a background character at best in the books.
Then I''ll take LĂŒthien. ;)

Yeah. I went there. :rolleyes:

CL
Aiming for the top, are you? ;)

The Elvish Minstrel

Obssessed with Elves <3
Reaction score
Why not? ;)

CL
Don't laugh, but I had the biggest crush on Elrond after reading the The Hobbit, even though he has such a minor role. xD You can imagine my excitement when I got the Fellowship book and saw the chapter entitled, The Council of Elrond! I couldn't wait to get to it--and when I did, I seriously hoped he'd be part of the fellowship LOL. Deep down, though, I knew he wasn't the sort of Elf to go on an adventure-- not anymore, at any rate.

Sadly movie Elrond just didn't match the picture in my mind... he looks too old, too... idk, human? Certainly not as "fair" as I imagined, and I honestly really loved how knowledgeable he was in maps and languages and such, which wasn't portrayed in the films (natuarally, I mean when was there time to?).

The Elvish Minstrel

Obssessed with Elves <3
Reaction score
LĂșthien is probably done at this point with all the suitors at this point, plus, there's a sorrowful, lonely, Vala who cries her days and nights away. I hate to see a girl cry. Well, on to Valinor! ;)

CL
Aww, that's sweet! :) I wish you luck though... no being of Middle Earth has ever won the heart of a Valar; even Melian was a Maia!

CirdanLinweilin

The Wandering Wastrel
Reaction score
Aww, that's sweet! :) I wish you luck though... no being of Middle Earth has ever won the heart of a Valar; even Melian was a Maia!
Why thank you! :)

I'll take your luck upon me, as I sail forth to Valinor, with the wind at my back and the salt of my sweat on my brow. This whole venture is a tremendous risk, but nothing ventured, nothing gained!

I shall aim to win her heart! Melinyes Nienna!

CL

ReadWryt

Not so smart...
Reaction score
Wow! If you are the one and the same from circa 2001, you were big on here when I joined in December that year.
Yeah, I was the first Moderator. I went down a stupid path, wasted a lot of time and ended up being gone for quite a while...and still actually only check in from time to time. Were you around when Dave had changed my title to "Über Moderator"? I remember that caused some discomfort...hehehe

HalasĂ­an

Dunedain Ranger
Reaction score
Yeah, I was the first Moderator. I went down a stupid path, wasted a lot of time and ended up being gone for quite a while...and still actually only check in from time to time. Were you around when Dave had changed my title to "Über Moderator"? I remember that caused some discomfort...hehehe
Yes, I remember all that! Sure was a lot of internet drama back in the early days of this century!

Squint-eyed Southerner

Pawing through the trash behind the Pony
Reaction score
Well dang, looks like Ah done missed all the big shootouts. Hearin' you Old Rangers talk about the "Elder Days" makes me feel like a young whippersnapper agin! :p
stanley-andrews-ranger-host-death_1_b8ff5d25d199cb1b6f35c38a8c81ad40.jpg

Last edited:

Thread suggestions