🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Fav. Good guy or girl

Grond

Morgoth's Mace
Reaction score
Fingolfin is the greatest Elf-warrior, King, Butt-kicker in the history of Middle-earth. He whupped up on my boss Melkor so bad that day so many years ago that this evil Hammer almost became good. He was so magnificent, I just didn't have the heart to hit him. That's why I kept missing. Of course, he was awfully quick too.

Fingolfin, greatest of the Eldar race. :)

Beleg Strongbow

Superior Elf
Reaction score
Doriath AND Sydney Australia and where ever "SHE"
Originally posted by Grond
Fingolfin is the greatest Elf-warrior, King, Butt-kicker in the history of Middle-earth. He whupped up on my boss Melkor so bad that day so many years ago that this evil Hammer almost became good. He was so magnificent, I just didn't have the heart to hit him. That's why I kept missing. Of course, he was awfully quick too.

Fingolfin, greatest of the Eldar race. :)

I had a feeling you would say Fingolfin Grond :) ;) :p :p . But mine would be
1 Turin (yes you guest right grond)
2 Huan
3 ME BeleG
5 Luthein and Beren
6 Finrod
7 Tour
8 Earendil
and Aragorn and Gandalf:p :p

Elbereth

Star Queen of Valinor
Reaction score
Well if anyone would make my list it would be Gandalf...he is the ultimate good guy.

Then I would pick someone like Melian...who could decieve the far reaching powers of Melkor for thousand of years.

I also love the Hobbits: Especially Sam and Pippen...Sam for his loyalty and Pippen for his hilarity.

Merry and Frodo also rank as favorites...

I also loved Beren and Luthien....I couldn't put their story down.

Turin is cool too...he has his issues, but he always keeps you on the edge of your seat(metaphorically speaking)...and he kicks arse!

Grond

Morgoth's Mace
Reaction score
I again vote for Faramir. He rescued Sam and Frodo. Showed his "true colors" by showing the strength and resolve of character to deny the "temptation" of the Ring. He recognised destiny when it came in the guise of Aragorn and stepped aside honourably as was his duty. He is a "true" hero of the story. Loyal son and brother, noble warrior, kindly hero. What a guy and he gets the beautiful Eowyn to boot. :)

Forgotten Path

Reaction score
I had forgotten all about Faramir. Hes a good character. yayGollum has a point too, it was Gollum who destroyed the Ring. It's hard to think of Gollum as a good guy.:confused:

Here's my list:
1. Sam
2. Aragorn
3. Gandalf
4. Elrond
5. Galadriel
6. Faramir
7. Frodo
8. ??Gollum??:confused:

Last edited:

Vilya Elathelas

Reaction score
hmmm...

Well here:

1. ARagorn/Arwen/Elrond/sons of Elrond (does anyone sense a pattern...)
2. All the hobbits!!
3. Gandalf/Faramir/Eowyn
4. Ghan-Buri-Ghan (no one ever talks about him!)/Treebeard
5. Earendil/Gil-Galad/Luthien

Rosie_Cotton

Hobbity Otaku
Reaction score
I vote for Sam and Pippin. Sam for his unwavering loyalty despite all odds, and Pippin for his ability to adapt to a situation when no one expects him to.

*Cat is seen reloading a gun and aiming it in this direction* Uhhhh....and Legolas.....because.....he's.......immortal. Yes, that's it. I must go now. *grabs a bewildered Sam and Pippin by their wrists and runs for it* COME ON, THE 9:30 TRAIN IS ABOUT TO LEAVE! RUN FOR YOUR LIIIIIIIIIVES!!! RUN MY DEAR HOBBITS, RUNNNN!!!!

Beleg Strongbow

Superior Elf
Reaction score
Doriath AND Sydney Australia and where ever "SHE"
Originally posted by Rosie_Cotton
I vote for Sam and Pippin. Sam for his unwavering loyalty despite all odds, and Pippin for his ability to adapt to a situation when no one expects him to.

*Cat is seen reloading a gun and aiming it in this direction* Uhhhh....and Legolas.....because.....he's.......immortal. Yes, that's it. I must go now. *grabs a bewildered Sam and Pippin by their wrists and runs for it* COME ON, THE 9:30 TRAIN IS ABOUT TO LEAVE! RUN FOR YOUR LIIIIIIIIIVES!!! RUN MY DEAR HOBBITS, RUNNNN!!!!

Trust you 2 say sam, Rosie (connection???) Yea 500th post.

Last edited:

Thread suggestions