🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Favorite Book

What's your favotite book?

• The Hobbit

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • The Fellowship of the Ring

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • The Two Towers

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • The Return of the King

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • The Silmarillion

Votes: 19 33.3%
  • The Unfinished Tales

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • The History of Middle-Earth books 1-5

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • The History of Middle-Earth books 6-9

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The History of Middle-Earth books 10-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please state in message)

Votes: 2 3.5%

• Total voters
M

Mormegil

The Silmarillion is my favourite. It is so deep and has the best characters, like Turin!!

Wood Elf

Reaction score
Oh geez, I can't pick! Probably my favorite so far, as I have not read all, would be The Fellowship of the Ring.

Hama

Scholar and Adventurer
Reaction score
As I grew up to Tolkien I found that different books were my favorite over the years. I liked the HObbit much more than LoTR at one stage, and after that I rarely put LoTR down (I liked fellowship the most and books three and five), and then the Silmarillion came into my world and I was enthralled. Today, the Silmarillion would probably be up there as it is the most convincing work of imaginative fiction among them all, and is so similar to the myths of many cultures. The Unfinished Tales are wonderful as well, but I am not all that deeply into the HoME series. By the way, read Farmer Giles of Ham. It's wonderful.

ssgrif

Sheppard of the forest
Reaction score
Lofty place a few days walk from Amon Sul
I've heard that its quite hard to read, but I suppose once you get used to it, then its plain sailing from there on in. Going to get a hardback copy of the Sil in the next few weeks, really looking forward to reading it finally!

Camille

Of the Edain
Reaction score
Is hard to choose... I voted for TTT in the pool because I one of my favorite part of the Tolkiens's work is the desicion of Mr. Sanwise, but I love the Sil is really beatifull!

Khamul

Anti-Conscience of TTF
Reaction score
Yea I would definately recommend the Sil. Which BTW I did vote for

Úlairi

Crying in the Wilderness
Reaction score
99th post!!!

:D :D :D Wow my 99th post and after this one I'll never be in double digits again!!! Anyway, I would definitely have to say my favourites were The Silmarillion and The Return of the King, both the greatest books I've read!!!:D :D :D

Hama

Scholar and Adventurer
Reaction score
What is it that attracts people to a specific book of the Lord of the RIngs? I tend to view it as a single entity and like some parts from all three books.

Beleg Strongbow

Superior Elf
Reaction score
Doriath AND Sydney Australia and where ever "SHE"
Originally posted by Hama
What is it that attracts people to a specific book of the Lord of the RIngs? I tend to view it as a single entity and like some parts from all three books.

I don't i love all of lotr and see it as 1 book. Together they are better then the sil but 1 by 1 the sil.

:D :D CONGRADULATIONS ULAIRI:D :D

Last edited:

Thread suggestions