🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Favorite Book

Favorite LoTR Book

• The Silmarillion

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • The Hobbit

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The Fellowship of the Ring

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • The Two Towers

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • The Return of the King

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • The Histories of Middle Earth & Unfinished Tales

• Other Works (Farmer Giles, Sir Gawain, etc.)

• Total voters

Aerin

Halfway out the door
Reaction score
I voted on the last poll, but I changed my mind by the time I hit the submit button! So this time I voted on the Two Towers instead of the Return of the King. I haven't read the Sil yet, so I am neutral on that one.

Dengen-Goroth

Dark Lord of Arda
Reaction score
I LOVE the SILMARILLION!!!! Work of art!!! Every time I read something by Tolkien I feel it is better then the previous.

Ciryaher

Witch of Resurrection
Reaction score
I added HoME and the other books for more selection.

When you say that you like RotK, do you mean that it contains your favorite parts, or that you feel it is written better than the first two parts of LotR?

Greymantle

Reaction score
For me, RotK contains more of my favorite parts. I also think it does the best job of showing off the beauty of M-E. However I think they're all about equally well-written..... TT might be a bit better in that respect, I'm not sure.

Telchar

Someone out there?
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ciryaher
I added HoME and the other books for more selection.

When you say that you like RotK, do you mean that it contains your favorite parts, or that you feel it is written better than the first two parts of LotR?
To late.. :( Well.. many of the stories in HoME should have been in the Sil.. The Story about Finrod and Adanehl (sp?) in Morgoths Ring is one of my favorites..

Lantarion

no house
Reaction score
Dang, I can't remember what I voted; this poll was such a long time ago! But today I would vote the Silmarillion.

Thread suggestions