🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Favorite Evil Creature

What evil creature is your favorite?

• Orcs

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Wolves

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Spiders

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Balrogs

Votes: 26 25.7%
  • Dragon

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • Evil Men

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ringwraiths

Votes: 34 33.7%
  • Other Unique Creatures

Votes: 11 10.9%

• Total voters

rplp81

Reaction score
i put spiders. i think, however, that i remember them most vividly from the hobbit.

Aerin

Halfway out the door
Reaction score
I think that Ringwraiths are the most evil of creatures, instead of becoming evil, they chose to bear the rings. I get scared just reading about them, I wouldn't have done very well as a member of the Fellowship... ;)

Rosie Cotton

Reaction score
I put "other unique creatures," there are so many mysterious beings in Tolkiens books. The watcher in the water for example- what is it? What's it doing there? And how long has it been living in the dark pond in front of Moria?

Kraas

Reaction score
I think that the only TRULY evil creatures out of all those has to be the Ringwraiths. But they are only evil as long as Sauron is evil.

There has to be exceptions...well, good Balrogs would be highly unlikely. I believe that there are good Orcs, Dragons, and the like somewhere out there in Middle-Earth.

....wait....Evil Men wouldn't be evil if they were good! Oops.

Walter

Flamekeeper
Reaction score
My favourite "evil" creature is Gollum, because he isn't evil to the bone and a very complex character. Though I'm not sure whether he really fits into that poll.

Btw. LOL @ Grond's reply ;)

Tulidian

Reaction score
I voted for dragons. Only one was in The Hobbit, but I thought it would be prretty cool if their was another in the other books.

Tar-Steve

Reaction score
I'm going with the Ringwraiths. I love their (visual) simplicity. Although that Watcher outside the West gate of Moria probably creeps me out more than anything else except for "The Eye".

Gothmog

Lord of Balrogs
Staff member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tulkas
As the polls show there is a tie between Ringwraiths and Balrogs. That may be because they were both servants of a dark lord.
True, but Balrogs were Servants unto the Master. Ringwraiths are but servants unto a Servant.:cool:

TGC

Reaction score
simple!

Wraiths!
they may be crippled, or walk like they are, but they dont die as easy as anything else.

Thread suggestions