🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

frodo's visions in the mirror of galadriel

G

greypilgrim

frodo saw a wide grassland, with mountains in the background, and a stormy sky. walking towards him was a figure of a man, whom he thought was gandalf. the man turned and walked out of the sight of the vision, then another vision followed quickly....that of bilbo alone in his room. there were papers scattered all over, rain was beating against the windows, and he was pacing to and fro.
what does this mean to you?
to me it signifies gandalf coming into his life and taking bilbo away from him. what other guesses are out there?

Snaga

The Usual Suspect
Reaction score
I take this as two seperate bits...

Originally posted by greypilgrim
frodo saw a wide grassland, with mountains in the background, and a stormy sky. walking towards him was a figure of a man, whom he thought was gandalf. the man turned and walked out of the sight of the vision, then another vision followed quickly....
I think this is the return of Gandalf from death. The location description sounds like Rohan.

Originally posted by greypilgrim that of bilbo alone in his room. there were papers scattered all over, rain was beating against the windows, and he was pacing to and fro.[/B]
I think of this as just the Mirror showing him Bilbo is worrying about him in Rivendell.

G

greypilgrim

gandalf's return, and bilbo worrying in rivendell. yeah, those sound like good explanations. it probably doesn't signify anything. thanks for reply.

Thread suggestions