🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Gandalf vs ....

Thariel

Reaction score
I'd like to tell you, but I don't think you want t
Not really so much versus, but which other prominent wizards or sorcerers from other fantasy novels do you think are up there with good 'ol Gandalf. Merlin (King Arthur tales), Belgareth (David Eddings stories), Alminister (Forgotten Realms?), Yaztromo or Nicodemus (Fighting Fantasy), Dumbledore (Harry Potter), Pug (Magician) etc? And if so, do you think they can best Gandalf in power and/or wisdom?

Elanor2

Reaction score
Well, I would say that Gandalf, who is a Maia, could beat the other sorcerers, who are only humans.

Nazgul

Reaction score
It depends on which Ganfalf are u taling about
Gandalf the grey or, after the change, Gandalf the white?

In the the case of Gandalf the grey who weak in his "magical" powers, but still a very wise Maia. most of the magaicians introduced in this list "pass" him in their "magical" powers but none pass his wisdom and intelligence.
I the case of Gandalf the white it`s very different.
Gandalf, after his return from dead, reveals his mighty powers, ther nobody that can pass him, by any means, in this particular state.

Thread suggestions