🧙 The Tolkien Forum 🧝

Welcome to our forum! Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox! Plus you won't see ads ;)

Glorfindel and Haldir

Confusticated

Reaction score
Originally posted by Mirabella
Thanks for getting back in this, Nom. So if I understand what you said, Miriel remained in Mandos so that Finwe could remarry, in effect forfeiting her right to be rehoused. Then when she had her change of heart, Finwe made the same sacrifice for her.

If my summation is correct, this is suddenly becoming more clear to me :)
Pretty close, but one little thing I may not have been clear on. Miriel did not stay in Mandos so that Finwe could marry again, he was just able to do so because Miriel would be staying in Mandos forever. I'm tempted to say more, but there is really tons of information given in the chapter. More explainations might lead to twice as many questions :D, but if I am still being unclear or have caused confusion just let me know.

Melko Belcha

Reaction score
No Nom you hit pretty good. There is just too much info in that book to put in one thread. The best you can do is read it yourself. Morgoth's Ring and The War of the Jewels IMO are the best books of the HoME series.

Thread suggestions